US Fencing has just announced changes in its membership structure for the 2017-2018 season.
Here’s a quick rundown of the changes:
- No members will receive physical cards anymore. These can either be printed at home, or a plastic version can be ordered for an additional $10 to any membership.
- Competitive Membership pricing will rise to $75/year (up from $70).
- Professional Membership will be replaced by a Coaching Membership level which will still cost $105/year. Additional resources will be available for coaches that weren’t before (details unavailable).
- For non-coach semi-professional members (referees, armorers, division officers, etc), there will be an upgrade option for all non-coach memberships called “+CheckED”. People who opt into +CheckED will have to pass a background check and will be required to complete SafeSport training to maintain this status. This is a $20 add-on to any valid membership type. This represents a price drop of at least $10/year for most people who fall under this category.
- High School Membership costs have increased to $300 (from $250). As a reminder, this program was introduced in the 2016-2017 season and is a flat fee that includes registration for every member of a High School club, regardless of size.
- All other membership levels will stay the same