Zivkovik Strip

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Craig, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

2. Mergs

Mergs Podium

About the only thing I see as 'innovative' is the inclusion of lights at various points along the strip. From a set up/tear down perspective, I'm concernded about the need for tools. Also, there is no mention of weight. Finally, having fenced on perforated aluminum, it gets very slick after a while. Also, given the way strips are handled/stored, I'm not so sure that the plywood base (especially thin plywood) would hold up for a significant length of time.

Other than that, looks good. ;)

3. oiuyt

oiuyt Podium

LP had LED lines available on prototype strips back in the first year they visited our Summer Nationals (they had a mostly-information booth with minimal sales inventory). I seem to recall a brief mention shortly after of why they weren't going into production with the option (lack of market demand, IIRC).

-B

4. Mitchell

Mitchell is a Verified Fencing ExpertMitchell hi Staff Member

this is a concept i've thought about in the past, and i think its neat that i wasn't the only one, and i'd like to see a production unit and someone fencing on it before i make a serious judgment call on how viable it is.

5. Gav

Gav is a Verified Fencing ExpertGav Moderator!!

The thing I don't like is that this is a sectional aluminium piste (unless I've misread that). That makes the set up very heavy. I like the LED idea - thought it's nothing new. There's tech out there that could one day be cheap enough to print LEDs directly onto the fabric.

6. telkanuru

telkanuru Podium

I'm pretty sure these are the strips we used at the Arnold last year, only then it was sans lights.

Slippery is NOT a problem. Still prefer the current aluminum ones.