Zivkovic Handel's

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by smeric28, Apr 17, 2005.

1. tiger fencer

tiger fencer Rookie

I have the K model for Foil, and have something around a 10 sized hand. They seemed beefier in the lower prong than the Z model. The K and Z seem to me most like the Visconti. The B model did seem to be the biggest overall, but very different from Viscontis, I didn't like it. I was told by the person manning the vendor that the 1 are biggest , 2s are smaller and the 3 are smallest.

2. smeric28

smeric28 Rookie

when i called the guy he recommeded the b's to me because i don't like visconti. curretnly i use hungarian grips. and there is one where the III is the biggest i think it's the G's

3. tiger fencer

tiger fencer Rookie

4. Bran

Bran Rookie

This is true, it is a problem. There is no rhyme or reason as to why one series gets smaller as the numbers go down and vice-versa. I tried to mitigate this by extending the descriptions on the website. Perhaps I should just standardize it by changing all the names....

I will try to adjust my profile to take private messages.

Of course, you're more than welcome to just write an email in the traditional way if you're so inclined. If you would like more 'views' of the handles then I can email you some shots.

Bran

5. Aestro

Aestro Rookie

I had always thought it was simply a matter of the order in which the different sizes came out? Just the same, a smart fencer will always check the description (if there is one) before ordering something they're not familiar with. I recommend against completely re-doing the names, as this could cause as many problems as it solves - I fence with the Z, and if it suddenly became the ZII and I ordered a new weapon with it, I could easily end up with the wrong item. Likewise, if someone sees my weapon at a tournament, asks to hold the grip, likes it and asks what it is, they could end up with the same problem.

6. KD5MDK

KD5MDK Moderator

Are there any vendors who are known to stock Zivkovic grips besides the official site? I'm interested in picking up a pair for epee, but I don't feel at all confident in picking out which one I will like best purely online. I know I like the style because my friend has them on his foils, but I'd really like to hold several different ones in my own hard to decide which suits me best.

7. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

allstar GER may be the answer to your prayers. They only carry 4 or 5 different Zivkovics though.

Since you're in the US you may want to 'walk around' allstar in which case you could try Fechtsport Langenkamp. I don't know if they carry Zivkovic grips though.

Hope this helps. :)

8. Bran

Bran Rookie

Hmm...

Since we are the designers we are the only ones in the United States who sell them, apart from a couple of oldies sold in Chicago and a random selection via Sword-Masters.

However, if you wanna contact Allstar Germany and pay in euros plus astronomical shipping then be my guest.

Finally, calling/emailing us to ask a question would make sense, it would appear.

Bran

9. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Oh, I disagree. The Messiah is far better than the Maccabeus, but the Water Foil is probably the finest. But then there is 'Il trionfo del Tempo e della Verità' Ah, now there is true beauty! :p

Methinks the unenlightened know not of where we speak, dear KD5MDK. ;)

10. tiger fencer

tiger fencer Rookie

I would say a name change is in order. If a girl at my club likes my grip, but wants a smaller size, off hand I can't tell her which number she needs, I have to say go look at the web site. Then she might might not, or if I order it, I have to go look at the web site, a pain.

Maybe keep the letter name Z, K since everyone's familar with them, but change the numbers to letters a,b,c, or start over and begin with 10.

I don't know but it is confusing. Like your grips but not the naming confusion.

11. howtobrew

howtobrew Rookie

Bran,
    What if you simply supplied recommended glove sizes to all the handles?
    For example,
    K handle: recommended for glove sizes 8-10
    K2 handle: recommended for glove sizes 6-9
    etc.

Then people could make a more informed decision.

12. Bran

Bran Rookie

This is a fine idea. I was also thinking of having a little "Handle Wizard".

Y'know, have questions like "What do you fence with now?" (Pick choices A-Z); "What size glove do you wear?" (Pick from 6-11), etc. Use a system like that to spit out top recommendations and then maybe a couple of others as backups.

I'm considering redesigning our website in about a month so that will likely be part of it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bran

13. smeric28

smeric28 Rookie

definatly include the handel wizard that would be awesome

14. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

This sounds great. By the way, I am just about to try some of the Zivkovic grips out.

I have just never found the 'perfect' grip (apparantly my hands are very oddly shaped :huh: :darwin: ) and have just ordered a K2 and a G2 from allstar for try-out. I am very curious...

15. Cipher

Cipher Rookie

Bran,

If you're taking requests for improving your handles, I have one. Could you make the hole in the handle to tighten the nut just a hair larger. Your stuff comes with an outside hex nut rather than the allen wrench-type inside hex nut so the easiest thing to use to tighten them are standard metric sockets which are just a little tight to cram in there. It works, but occasionally you have to coax the socket out of there because it gets wedged in there pretty easy. Other than that, they are great handles in general.

16. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Would you be able to sort by genre, lyrics or scores? And would it be limited to G.F.?

17. smeric28

smeric28 Rookie

if they made the hole larger it would hurt at least on the bIII i have just buy an outside hex wrench from a fencing supply, or get thin walled sockets