Zipper Sizing: Specifically LP Team Bag

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by s.brookes, Jun 18, 2018.

1. s.brookes

s.brookes Made the Cut

How are zippers sized? I am interested in the answer to this question in general, but I am specifically interested in finding a pair of zippers matching those used to attach the LP Weapon bag to the top of the LP Team bag...

@Alex_Paul or @LeonPaulUSA , could you help? Can I buy a set of these zippers from you directly?

Thanks!

2. Zebra

Zebra Podium

Look on the back of the zipper pull, and you'll probably see a number embossed on it.

3. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

Google search "luggage repair" for your area.
    Take it to them, let them do the repair.
    They have the larger teeth zippers to fit the bag, they have the sewing machines to be able to sew it securely in place.
    Most likely: will run you between $30 to $50.
    I've seen the sewing machine it takes to do a retro fit zipper replacement for one of these things.For me, I am just glad I don't have to haul one around. It's huge and takes two or more to sew it in place. Worth someone else doing it for you.
    Be sure to ask them to use threading of a size of 96 to 138. Same kind of stuff you use in sewing leather in a sewing machine.Not hand sewing leather, that in the 200's.
    When we do a foil bib retro fit, I use a size 69 double bonded nylon, I am telling you this just so you can get a fix on the size I am speaking of.

Gary

4. Zebra

Zebra Podium

If you're talking about sewing in a zipper, Gary is right.

5. s.brookes

s.brookes Made the Cut

Thanks Gary but I am not planning to sew in the zipper. I have an idea for a custom add-on to my bag that will zip onto it the same way the weapon bag does. I will happily share the project when it is complete... just need the right zippers!