Want New App Based Credit Card Processor - what do you use?

Discussion in 'Club Corner' started by akgary, Jul 26, 2016.

1. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

really need to move away from World Pay - confusing and expensive - and want to move to an app based processor like Square or Stripe for our club. Anyone using one effectively? Need onsite swiping, as well as membership/subscription recurring monthly payments. Plus want to introduce online payment from our web site. Any thoughts?

2. Privateer

Privateer DE Bracket

the club I go to uses mindbodyonline.com which, from a consumer end, does the things you describe. I don't know anything about the retailer side.

3. David Sierra

David Sierra DE Bracket

We use a hybrid system - ZenPlanner for the membership stuff and reoccurring payments.
    Square for point of sale stuff.

I've yet to find a single system that does both well.

4. meryalpes

meryalpes Rookie

there is nothing like that anymore i guess.

5. jkvc

jkvc Rookie

We use Square and are liking it very much.

6. bobb121

bobb121 DE Bracket

doesn't really apply that well to fencing but give wodify a look. The crossfit box I go to uses it very well for those things.

7. Mitchell

Mitchell hi Staff Member

ZenPlanner always gets the highest marks from people I've talked to about it. MindBody is also a big player in the space.

You won't get the functionality you're asking about with Square or Stripe, but you could use either one if you're willing to do more manual work.

8. afm

afm Rookie

We use ZenPlanner for membership management, which includes all recurring charges, one time charges (i.e., for some add-on service or single sale ), and private lessons charges. This is a great software if you know how to properly configure it (which isn't that difficult). One of the benefits of using ZenPlanner that on the backend you can connect it to any payment processor of your choice that supports authorize.net, or use their own solution (which might cost you a bit more but will be simpler to configure and manage).

For the point of sale (which happens rarely since we moved to ZenPlanner) we use PayPal Here. One of the benefits of using PayPal for such singular payments is that you maintain just one additional account if somebody wants to transfer you money online.

Hope this helps!

9. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

TFC (the fencing center of San Jose) uses MindBody if that's of any interest.
    But by "App" based are you meaning you want something to work on your smart phone or interact with smart phones?

10. ladyofshalott99

ladyofshalott99 DE Bracket

14Meters totally needs this.

akgary likes this.
  11. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

App - based - NO - just want a good on-line system for the parents to be able to register - including liability forms/USFA membership/class registration/Club membership. There are a LOT of options and needed flexibility for crediting certain people or charging more. We are now OFF World Pay - but are not totally happy with what we have. Changing systems again is always an issue too. I am going to go back and check out ZenPlanner and MindBody again. thanks!

12. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

I love the idea of setting up PayPal so that people can transfer money online - there are always more and different charges like travel/coaching fees for competitions that are hard to collect for! thanks

For the point of sale (which happens rarely since we moved to ZenPlanner) we use PayPal Here. One of the benefits of using PayPal for such singular payments is that you maintain just one additional account if somebody wants to transfer you money online.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]
    I

13. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

DO you accept recurring payments for class fees?