Wang Lei

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by CyrusofChaos, Feb 13, 2012.

1. CyrusofChaos

CyrusofChaos Rookie

so...wang lei used to be one of my favorite fencers. and since i have been so disappointed with the way he has been fencing since the end of his hiatus i was wondering if anyone had footage of him from the olympics which he almost won in 2004 and the world championships that he did win in 2006. i have various ways of sharing footage with people so it would be pretty easy to get the footage to me. if anyone would be willing to provide me with a copy of this material i would be very happy

2. edew

edew Podium

I'll look around. It may be a DVD from a VHS that used to be PAL -> NTSC, so there's a lot of lossy-ness. The really great bout was the semi-finals against Kolobkov. After that, he had no energy against Fischer for the gold.

3. CyrusofChaos

CyrusofChaos Rookie

yeah thats the one i really want to see, but i know they made a dvd for both the olympics and the 2006 world championships i dont know where to get those so i was hoping one of yall could help me. thanks for looking!

4. KidLazy

KidLazy Rookie

I have 2006 if you are still looking.

5. springdon

springdon Rookie

I have the 2006 Torino bouts, too. if you need them.

6. CyrusofChaos

CyrusofChaos Rookie

kidlazy was generous enough to give me the bouts from torino so now im just looking for footage from the athens olympics. anyone have the epee from the 04 olympics?

7. edew

edew Podium

I haven't had a chance to go through my stock of DVDs. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you if I have a copy left. (If I have only one copy, I'd like to have it back, but you're free to upload it and do whatever you can with it. Everyone should see it. The spanking he did to Kolobkov is, well, epic to the nth degree.)