VSM Programmable? API?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Robert Smith, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Robert Smith

Robert Smith Made the Cut

Our club has one VSM scoring machine which we sometimes use to do non-standard things, such as turning off the off-target at foil by setting the contact time to multiple seconds - you'd have to maintain contact for maybe 10 seconds to get a light, so it's effectively off.

We also have a piece of software that plays two different MP3 files alternately for a random period, during which one fencer can not score and consequently must defend. So while fencer A's file is playing, fencer B can still land a touch, it just doesn't count.

An improvement on this would be to automatically set fencer B's contact times for both on- and off-target touches to long enough to eliminate their touches entirely, so that ALL they could do would be to defend. I don't know if this is feasible, though. I don't know if the VSM software can be adjusted with immediate effective on the fly, or what mechanism would work to achieve this. The VSM web site doesn't provide any insight into this, and there's no contact info that I can find.

Anyone have experience along these lines, or have contact info for the VSM folks?

2. K O'N

K O'N Podium

The contact email is:

[email protected]

Shawn is very responsive to user input. I'm not sure he can do what you want, but I'm sure you'll get a quick reply.

Privateer and Robert Smith like this.
  3. Robert Smith

Robert Smith Made the Cut

Thanks, I'll drop him a line.

4. Emfuser

Emfuser DE Bracket

You should try Quick Foil, which is one of the standard VSM modes you can use by starting a different app.