Updates to Regional Youth Points

Discussion in 'Parent's Corner' started by chrisoplum, Oct 30, 2015.

1. chrisoplum

chrisoplum Made the Cut

Hello,
    How long does it take for Regional Youth points to be updated? My son was in an RYC last weekend, and even though it says the rankings were updated yesterday, the results from the tournament don't show (the #1 fencer isn't even on the list)...does it just take awhile or perhaps the local club hasn't submitted the results?
    Thank you!

2. Diesel

Diesel Made the Cut

Points updates can take a while. As I understand it, RYC participation matters for the April NAC qualification and RYC points only matter for summer nationals qualification. So RYC points updates may be a low priority at this point in the season. One week would be unusually fast.

Sometimes the national points lists are updated very quickly after NACs and SYCs, but that is likely because those results are used for seeding upcoming tournaments.

You might be able to tell if the results were submitted to the National Office by looking at the membership list for any new ratings earned in the Y14 events (if the events were strong enough). That normally takes a month or so from when the results are submitted.

Cheers,

3. bobb121

bobb121 Podium

I previously emailed the National Office regarding points not showing up for a ROC and was told the the organizer has 10 Business Days to submit results. Then you have the processing time.

I would suggest that you wait 3 weeks after the event before you start to worry.