Under the Knicks: Shorts

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Maeve_Mari, May 18, 2004.

?

What's Under Those Knickers

1. Pants: Jeans, Cords, Khakis?

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Shorts: Jeans, Cords, Khakis?

7 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Shorts: Athletic - Lycra, Dri Fit, Cool Max, Compression?

156 vote(s)
    80.4%
  4. Nothing: Au Natural?

26 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. Whatever: Street clothes, As You Are?

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

Just tell her you wanted to look nice for her, she'll understand! ;) :)

2. Gav

Gav is a Verified Fencing ExpertGav Moderator!!

Yup, I think so. I have a pair. They are just jockey shorts with an 800N front with a pouch for a cup. I wear them under a pair of tracksuit bottoms during training and even when competing. I don't get many bruises on hipr crotch through my breeches AND those. I got them to wear under tracksuit bottoms.

3. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Rookie

Pricey parts

Wait...I just remembered that my wife got a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret over the Christmas holiday. I don't have to explain anything. ;)

"Hello...Allstar...yes... I'd like the pricey undies for manly fencers..."

4. tantricthonger

tantricthonger Rookie

Maeve,why did'nt you include thongs in your poll?I believe you might be surprised to learn that many fencers/athletes wear them,myself included.In my opinion they are more comfortable,offer better support(especially for men),and greater freedom of movement, than any other type of undergarment on offer.

cornflower likes this.
  5. sabreur

sabreur Podium

A thong is just a jock strap with a single strap. And I can't imagine many men wearing one to fence, or at all, for that matter. Most of us liberated ourselves from the bare-butt look a long time ago. Gives the term "wedgie" a whole new meaning.

Plus, you'd give the director a real "Bill Clinton" moment when he checked the overlap between your knickers and your jacket....

Maybe you could run a poll--who on fencing.net wears a thong? You could offer four choices:

Not me
    To fence
    With my civies
    Fencing and with civies.

MR

6. Point_Left

Point_Left Rookie

I'm knot touching that! To do so would be to em-bark on a strange and scary voyage. But stem, it opens up an entire forest of punsobilities...hmmmm.

7. Gem

Gem Rookie

UA have normal T-shirt styles in the Performance Grey section of their website for $20. Has anyone tried these out?

8. parrythis

parrythis Podium

I found briefs at Walmart that have a built-in pocket for a cup. They are much more comfortable than a traditional jock-strap.

9. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Rookie

I was trying to find those out here, but could not. I can't imagine it was a big sale item over the holidays, but I could be wrong. Maybe it adds to the GDP.

How much did you pay for them?

10. The Poopsmith

The Poopsmith Rookie

This poll is flawed - no tidy whities!?!?!?! And who needs a cup - just start shoveling and your low-line parries will get better. The real question should be boxers or briefs. I personally like to keep my junk close to the body, so I wear briefs.

11. Ordway

Ordway Rookie

I wear spandex shorts (or cool-max, or similar material) and a tank-top style top of the same material. Tight-fitting means no baggy loose material bunching up inside my jacket like a t-shirt used to do.

12. foily

foily Rookie

Under-armour is great! They make under-armour undies? Would that be under-undies? In any case I want some. I'm off to try some knicks on tomorrow, I don't think my local place has Ulhmann olympia ones in smallish fattish leftish and I'm certain it will be a special order, so I plan to try on some righish world cup ones just to see what actual size is likely to work. So I'll wear some de-padded bike shorts I got for rowing a while back and wear those under. They'll hide my dandy bruises from bouting just fine too.

I guess the ideal would be to wear an under-armour skinsuit underneath, and extra points if it's black and says "PUBES" on it :p

13. KD5MDK

KD5MDK Moderator

I'm starting to wonder if this thread is going to affect my ability to fence some tournaments.

14. Li'l Bebe

Li'l Bebe Rookie

You paid that much for it? I got mine for $10 at wal-mart, but then again, it was more "wanna-be" underarmour, but it works just as well. The real stuff is rarely of $20..... but then again, I live in the middle of nowhere, so infaltion (spelling) doesn't increase as quickly here as it does elsewhere.

I wear an underarmour shirt, and gym shorts. (the kind you're given in PE class....even has my school logo on it) how people can stand to go in just undies or "a-la-natural" I'll never be able to understand.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  15. kmak_577

kmak_577 Rookie

under jacket and pastron ......t-shirt
    under breeches ...................underwear

Kmak_577

16. kmak_577

kmak_577 Rookie

easy lil bebe but i AINT going to give you a demo lol :)

17. Li'l Bebe

Li'l Bebe Rookie

oh please DON'T give me a demo!! (on hands and knees, pleading)

it was a rhetorical question!!!

18. dreamer90024

dreamer90024 Rookie

I normally just wear underwear under my knickers, but when it's warm (my club doesn't have AC) I wear shorts for conditioning practices and footwork, and then put knickers over them for fencing.

19. lindajdunn

lindajdunn DE Bracket

I recently purchased the Underarmour sports bras and underwear and I note that this stuff actually works as advertised.

For shorts, I had to purchase from the youth department because the Underarmour women's shorts (any any vendor shorts found thus far) assume that all prospective female customers are Brittany Spears wannabes. [grumble] They're also (imho) usually too short whereas the boy's shorts are sufficiently long enough to not expose my underwear when the knickers are off.

I also buy my T-shirts from the boys department and prefer the t-shirt-like feel over the stretchy slick material.

20. lindajdunn

lindajdunn DE Bracket

Me. They're wonderful. Loose. Comfortable. Still keeps the sweat off my skin.