Trump's lies

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by jjefferies, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Yes, I think you're the only one.

Trump colludes with Russia, not North Korea. Stick to the script. :)

2. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

You heard it first here! And I doubt DT has a script. That's one thing there's no evidence of and no one has accused him of.

3. OrangeandStripey

OrangeandStripey Made the Cut

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 11:50 AM
  4. K O'N

K O'N Podium

First, you know, you need to let ol' Hill go at some point. She lost the election. You can't keep running against her for four years, it's not cricket.

And second, if Hillary and Co. were so great for Russia, I think Putin wouldn't have been working so hard to undermine her. You can tell what he thinks by what he does, eh?

Some of this comes down to competence, honestly. Putin didn't want to sit across a chess board from Hillary. He's very happy to be playing Trump. Very happy. It's not that complicated. His life is easier with a volatile man-child driving the US, rather than with an expert player like Hillary up against him.

Look, I don't love her. I would bet that a great deal of what she does skirts up against the legal line. But that's a long way from Trump, who is giving every sign of being an idiot, who lies and does damage without even intending to, and who I honestly think may not have understood the laws he was and is breaking.

You know who does understand this stuff? Mueller. So, I guess we'll see.

posineg likes this.
  5. OROD

OROD Podium

Threatening North Korea and now Venezuela with military strikes, because... what could possibly go wrong?

6. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Venezuela? Nothing.

7. OROD

OROD Podium

Even one American killed over there is too many. Also, what happens if we take a mostly failed state like Venezuela and turn it into a full blown Africa-quality failed state? It could help to destabilize the area for decades to come.

8. jkormann

jkormann Podium

We've never had a Republican president do that. They always have an exit strategy, other than "hand it off to the next democrat".

Besides, the Middle East is starting to get tepid. The military contractor complex needs someplace else to send goods... Think of the CEOs and Shareholders!

9. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Ah, but Trump is not your run-of-the-mill Republican President! He might just hand the operation off to Exxon Mobil and Chevron in return for a share of the oil profits. Lots of job creation there, for mercenaries and what not. That would probably work out fine, you know.