Triangular - guitar case style fencing bag with two backpack straps - NO WHEELS

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by MikeC, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Chauffeur

Chauffeur DE Bracket

I like the idea of these bags, especially for tournaments where you don't need to take the kitchen sink with you. Since you mentioned your FG epees were tight, how do think they would do with a couple sabres?

2. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

For your average local tournament or for practice, where you're transporting stuff in a car and just carrying the gear from the car into the venue, why do you need a dedicated bag at all? I just put mask and shoes and uniform etc into a cheap duffel bag with shoulder strap and carry my sabres in hand.

3. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

Busing in, then one-mile walk. Will consider duffel when using club weapon.

4. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

That's dedication.

5. damianip

damianip Podium

I think that would be fine. I can fit 4 épées with FG on them if I have my whites in a separate small bag. Everything else fits. A couple of sabers would be fine in this bag along with mask, shoes and kit.

6. Radical Fencing

Radical Fencing Rookie

We actually made a bag that's on sale now that addresses exactly this issue. It's called the Strip Fencing bag by Radical and you can check it out on our website. We designed it like a traditional strip bag but with enough space, to fit an entire kit of equipment including mask and extra weapons it also has two straps to be worn as a backpack. You can check it out on our website.

7. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

:rolleyes:

8. Goldgar

Goldgar Podium

Rick, that's a bot, quoting your own post.

9. nasnem

nasnem Made the Cut

This is a nice one from PBT. I bought one about 2 years ago and he used it until I replaced it with a Sword Masters rolling bag. It's very well made and you can wear it as a backpack or carry it like a guitar case. It has plenty of space inside.

http://shop.pbtfencing.com/fencing-equipments/fencing-carry-bags/details-of-backpack-pbt.html

I originally purchased it because my youngest son was 8 years old and not extremely tall. The extra height on the bag made him more visible as we walked through parking lots at the college on our way to practice.