Ticketed Admission at NACs Starting Immediately

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by jdude97, Sep 20, 2018.

1. jdude97

jdude97 Podium

Read here: https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/951691

Cliffs:
    - starts with 2018 October NAC
    - USFA members get free admission, including supporting members
    - children 10 and under get in free
    - weekend passes otherwise $15 and can be purchased in advance or onsite

2. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

There must be more money. There must be more money. There MUST be more money!

3. Le Chevalier de St. Croix

Le Chevalier de St. Croix Rookie

I have to say it:

Parents pay for USAF memberships, airline tickets, hotel rooms, coach's travel fees, tournament registration fees, and food so that their kids, from approximate ages of 9 to 19, can compete in NACs. Certainly, many kids within this range can't travel by themselves. In fact, I don't think you can even check into a hotel room if you're under 18 year old (I could be wrong). And, Safe Sport wouldn't support the idea of these kids travelling alone (again, I could be wrong). I'd argue that 90%, if not higher, of the non-fencers, non-coaches, non-directors, non-armorers, non-bout committee members, and non-USFA staff at NACs are parents.

So, the USFA has come up with just another way to extract more money from parents. Must be nice to have geese that keep laying golden eggs.

4. teacup

teacup Podium

I posted this in the other thread on ticketing:
    Has anyone else noticed a decrease in the level of volunterism as the cost of fencing increases?

5. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

To the extent that "volunteering" is compensated, eg lodging and per diem and transportation for refs, armorers, BC and so on, I would expect there to be an increase as the costs of fencing increase, as the pay helps defray those costs.