This Land : John Kerry and George Bush

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Phoenix, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

If you haven't heard about this website yet, (I think it said on the website they talked about it on Fox News...) then you should go.

www.jibjab.com

Lots of funny animations, but the one to see it "This Land", which Bush and Kerry go at it with a musical touch :jester:. Check it out!

2. J.Harris

J.Harris Rookie

Hee hee that's actually quite good! Any more you recommend, never been to that site before!

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

there is also www.albinoblacksheep.com which has a lot of cool flash files. I especially like the movies that are renacted in 30 sec by bunnies ^_^ :blah:

4. Stylothek

Stylothek Rookie

I was just going to suggest that page. I love the bunnies, best one re-enacted ist The Shining in my oppinion.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

defenitly. But I love the line in the Exorcist when the priest says "Is someone inside you?" and she says "Sometimes....". I just find that hilarious!

6. Max

Max Rookie

I could only find the Alien bunnies one. Didn't do anything for me.

7. fixxmyweapon

fixxmyweapon Rookie

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

max, go to http://www.angryalien.com/ and you will find them there. The first two are the best, but so far the rest are getting crappy. they should do a Harry Potter one. That would be funny ^_^

9. Stylothek

Stylothek Rookie

I could imagine "the ring" to be a great laugh. Titanic is quite nice and alien is just plain boring. I find Amy's Diary great though.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

something I found out yesturday was that they are actually going to play "This Land is Your Land" at the convention! What a world we live in :jester:

11. Max

Max Rookie

I know. Can you believe it? This thing is huge. More people have probably already seen that then Fahrenheit 9/11! No web video has ever been this big-It's insane. This will launch more political videos of the same type- we'll drown in them. They'll all be trying to do what this puppy did. Course it'll never happen again because there will be so many. That's my theory, anyway.

12. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

There'll be imitations aplenty, too right, but I fear that unlike this one they will manage to mock one candidate more than the other, rather than being equal-opportunity lampoons...they will become, in short, partisan instruments instead of satire.

13. HillBilly

HillBilly Rookie

I agree, This Land simply was awesome, because it mocked bush as much as kerry, and vice versa. If it didn't it would've been funny, but a flop. :)
    Have you seen their Blog site? Their main site is down (horror of horrors!) But the Blog is still up.

14. prototoast

prototoast Podium

What you say!!

15. dekko

dekko Rookie

The 'video' is great and very funny. One thing I would like to see change is when Kerry comes on and says this land is your land and it's a trailer with the Texas flag over it and the broken down cars in the yard, have the car on the right on blocks instead of tires.

16. Iwant2bafencer

Iwant2bafencer Rookie

My dad got that one at work. I heard a day or two ago that the artists have a possibility of getting sued for it because they didn't get the copyright laws for 'This land'. It's still running though so I'm betting it fell through.

17. DJ Apostrophe

DJ Apostrophe Podium

Can't get sued(well i suppose they could get sued, but it would be thrown out of court in an instant... wouldn't be worth the legal fees)... its a parody(which is specifically allowed in copyright law)... this was covered in another thread...Relevant link

-w

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

if this never became popular, they never would have sued. They just want money, and that is it. I can't believe people these days. Sucking off the success of others. I hope it does get dropped.

19. Iwant2bafencer

Iwant2bafencer Rookie

That's exactly it Phoenix.

20. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Ironic, inasmuch as Guthrie (a) merely set his words to an existing 19th century tune, and (b) did not set much store by legal concepts like copyright, going so far as to set this statement of his feelings to one of his songs: "This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin’ it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don’t give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that’s all we wanted to do".