The Official Nike Shoes Thread

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by FoilyDeath, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rac

rac Rookie

Finally got our first pair, ordered at full price...they lowered it to the 160. but no coupon allowed. :(

They are the Red/White ones. First thing, the laces are white like the pair the Spanish epee fencer was wearing-not the red shown on the site.

Fit is a bit larger than the standard Nike size 6 but that could be the larger toe box. Does not seem to be a full or half size big though. The finish is great and daughter says the feel is really comfortable. She is coming from a pair of Stabils and says they are not a wide bottomed as she is used to but they are really nice and light.

More after fencing in them later in the week.

rac

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Phrogger

Phrogger DE Bracket

A few sizes added

A few sizes have been added to the Nike store...8's in the Blue and a few 10's in the Pink. Still no White and Red, though! :cry:

3. erooMynohtnA

erooMynohtnA Podium

8s are in stock for the white and red now. My 9s are a little big, but I'm going to hold onto them. They don't slip around on my feet, so I don't really need an 8.5, even though that would be probably be better. If somebody wants to trade some 8/5s for some 9s, I'm interested though.

I think others are going to be returning and exchanging their shoes, so random sizes should come into and out of stock.

4. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

The Nike customer service rep tells me that they will not be offered in sizes higher than 12. That is rather a shame and puts me and a lot of other epee fencers I know out of the fun.

5. tdwg83

tdwg83 Made the Cut

I recieved mine today :D and will try them out a little later.

6. MHS Fencer

MHS Fencer DE Bracket

If anybody wants to trade, I've got a light blue size 9 and would prefer a 9.5 because it's too snug. They may run a tad large, but not half a size, (except, maybe, when compared to Pumas, where the 10.5 is smaller than the 10 and both are smaller than my 9.5 Converse and dress shoe).

7. ddavis

ddavis Made the Cut

I just got mine today. They are very nice. I normally wear a size 13 over a wide variety of Nike shoes, but I heard that these run big, so I took a chance and ordered the 12s. Sure enough they fit me like a "normal" 13 would. So, if you usually wear a size 13 in Nike shoes, try the 12s...they probably will work for you.

If you normally wear something larger than a 13, then I guess you are out of luck.

8. jesus_l11

jesus_l11 Rookie

if any one want to trade i have a red and white 10.5. i will take a 11.5 or 12 any color except pink

9. CvilleFencer

CvilleFencer Podium

Thanks for the info Don. That might mean a couple of my fencers can use the 12s but unfortunately I wear a size 14 in the LP's and a 14.5 in the Adidas so I think I am pretty much out of the fun. I know several people in the area that either have them or will be getting them soon so I will be taunted at every event by that which I can't have. I am used to being the kid with the shiny new toys, so I guess it is about time I got a little payback to see the other kids playing with something I can't have. :mad: :blockhead

10. rchung

rchung Rookie

Mine just came (according to FedEx tracking emails)! I'm looking forward to getting home and trying them out a bit...review coming soon!

11. trafl926

trafl926 Made the Cut

I sick and tired of the large footed population being discriminated against! I demand a full boycott of Nike until they offer shoes up to size 15(my size)!

12. gatsby

gatsby Rookie

mine just got in.

they seem great! just gotta try them out soon.
    to future buyers:
    size down at least 1/2 size (from adidas size), possibly a whole size.

13. erooMynohtnA

erooMynohtnA Podium

About size, those ordering, please note I don't find the whole size bigger to be correct. I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, it's just my personal experience. I would size down a quarter or half size at most, not a whole one. Maybe it's different for those with different sized feet, but my size 9 Dartagnans are only minutely smaller than my 9 Ballestras.

14. whiteandbluefencer

whiteandbluefencer Rookie

I just came back from the leadership conference I was on, and mine were waiting at the college post office for me!!! I bought the blue and obsidian ones, and they match my mask almost exactly :D! I would have to say that they run a half size big, because I ordered a pair of 8.5's and they fit just fine even though Nike seems to think that a woman who wears a size 10 (like me) should wear a size 9 in men's. From working in the shoe industry for a few years I knew there was a good chance that they would fit.

I haven't had a chance to fence in them yet... almost no one is on campus! But I just found someone, and he agreed to help me start breaking them in tomorrow evening! Yay for fencing buddies!

15. rchung

rchung Rookie

Mine as well...I'm ordinarily a Nike women's 6.5, and my brand-new size 5s fit great. So women, I guess, order 1.5 sizes down...

16. Catseye

Catseye Rookie

I'd say you're best bet actually is to go to a store and try on a pair of Nikes. I'm typically Men's 7.5, got my Ballestra Men's size 7 and they fit great. Just enough toe wiggle room. But that was decently consistent with a regular pair of Nike's, maybe a fraction smaller.

17. gatsby

gatsby Rookie

nike shoe sizing isn't too consistent =[

my size 8.5 nike frees are the same size as my 7.5 ballestras

18. scarlet_woman156k

scarlet_woman156k Rookie

What size do you normally wear? I've been on the fence about buying a pair. I wear a size 9 men's in the adidas asyms and adistar '04s.

19. scarlet_woman156k

scarlet_woman156k Rookie

Thanks for the information. I wear a size 10 women's as well, so good to know.

20. erooMynohtnA

erooMynohtnA Podium

My honest to God laser measured foot size is 8.5 W, but I wear 9s usually, because it's my toes that are wider. I use a size nine Dartagnan, which fits snugly.

I think an 8.5 Nike would be perfect for me, an 8 would be too small.