Technical support - what type of 230 V supply for elder fencing boxes?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Pavel M., May 28, 2018.

1. Pavel M.

Pavel M. Rookie

Dears,
    i very need technical help with refurbishing old types of fencing scoring machines, which i got recently.

Has anyone any information re these machines (photos 1-3). I do not know, what supplies should be for them - i mean Volts and Ampers characteristic. I do not have any supplies for them, the Visti machine had one, but seller did not sent me the supply - he said "i lost it somewhere".

I am almost sure, all boxes and fully OK, but need to know, what supply i can purchase - i do not want to fry them with bad V/A.

Any detailed information, photos or some catalogue list would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for any response.

Pavel

Attached Files:

2. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

[​IMG]Wow! Blast from the past!!

3. Mergs

Mergs Podium

No k
    No kidding!!!

I don't know if the standard was true for when the first one shown was built, but it should run on 12VDC, so your converter should go from 230VAC to 12VDC.

4. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

And given that it probably has incandescent bulbs its maximum current draw could exceed two amps - might want to use a four or five amp power supply with a good fuse at first (or even a 12-volt battery until you can get a better idea how much current it draws when the lights are all on).

As to the epee-only machine - no idea. That one could easily predate the FIE's 12-volt standard.