Sword Masters - Gary is retiring

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by twisterfencing, Jun 13, 2019.

1. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

This is going to be one of the hardest letters I have ever had to write. Please, for me, read it in its entirety.

Summer Nationals in Columbus, Ohio 2019 will be my/our last tournament as Sword Masters as we all know it. The time has come to for me (Gary) to retire from our sport and move to the next chapter in my life.

I will be bringing most, if not all, of our inventory from the shop and blow it out at greatly reduced pricing to recover our costs – A Blow Out ExtravaganzaRetirement Sale”!! Everything we have will be out on display or just ask, there is nothing else coming. There will be no holds, all sales will be onsite at the venue in Columbus on a first come – first served – cash and carry as-is sale. In addition to this, we are offering an additional 5% discount for cash paying customers (not checks), so be sure to ask about this at the booth. We are all busy now packing and loading the trailer to bring 'everything'. Yes, we are busy and tired :)

I wanted to let this group whom I have called my ‘family’ for the last 17 years, know of this change personally so that it would be coming from me, and no one else. I have had the time of my life with my fencing family and have tons and tons of stories with this great group of folks we call Fencer's. Love every single one of you like my family.

Now, for the details:

On June the 14th, I will put the web site in maintenance mode so that no one can buy something online at one price while we are selling it in Columbus at another (gotta stay fair) – we will have everything there to go through and all items will be on a ‘no-returns, no-exchanges’ basis sale. Meaning: make sure it fits; make sure it’s what you want. Once it’s all gone, we are not getting in any additional inventory or making any additional orders. You can ask, but the answer will be the same :)

Clubs: great opportunity if you need blades or gloves or any other club equipment.

Fencers: great opportunity if you just want to load up on equipment for the future.

Preferred Customers/Club members: there will be no additional discounts applied – sorry!

Repairs while in Columbus:

We will have a much small(er) repair center than normal. Our main focus for repairs will be for those who bought equipment from us in the past – we made it – you bought it from us kind of thing. Additionally, we will focus on equipment purchased by our loyal Preferred Customer Members who have been with us for years. One note about the repair center, do me a huge favor while in Columbus: walk to the side of the booth and tell our guys & gals ‘thank you’ for all the time and effort they have put into keeping all your goodies up and running for so many years. It would mean the world to me for you to do this. They are the best in the world and I want them to feel recognized and appreciated for all the hard work they have done and put up with me at the same time.

I wanted you to know that these last 17 years, I personally have had the best time in the world getting to know each and every one of you and watch everyone grow in our sport. From me to you, I just wanted to say: Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

Gary Spruill -Sword Masters

2. jkormann

jkormann Podium

You'll be missed.
    Do stick around these boards though! Your advice is always appreciated (and entertaining!).

twisterfencing likes this.
  3. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

Best of luck in your future endeavors. I will have to send someone to stop by and pick up a couple of things for me.

4. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

I am making videos now to get all the gunk out of my head into digital format. Will be on youtube.
    Regular fencer's then another one called 'Master Class'
    The first one is all but done editing. I went to Home Depot, bought a copper pipe and showing how to solder a end cap on it and how to build a acetone bomb. :) It all starts with the basics.: this is called a screwdriver :)

5. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

Guys, if you know of anyone I have missed letting them know about Columbus, please let all know. I am bringing 200K to 300K worth of inventory and blowing it all out! I paid $4000 for our booth fee just to do this in Columbus. If your not coming, so sad to be you. My goal is: bring the trailer back empty except for the displays and tables. I hope you can read between the tea leaves on this.....

Gary Spruill

6. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

What---I----you---WHAT?! Nooooo!

twisterfencing likes this.