Some help posting a paper

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by jjefferies, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Some time last year (I hope it wasn't longer ago) there was a thread in which we commented about the lack of information on business models for fencing clubs. The thought intrigued me so I went out and did some research and put together a 5 page paper from various sources. Now I've been trying to post it in the "club" forum but I've run into issues. The website doesn't seem to like docx format. If I add it in as a pdf it apparently just shows as an attachment. And if I copy and paste the formatting goes *** away. And my one reader dinged me about my formatting which I tried to fix. ;)
    Any suggestions from more knowledgeable posters??

2. jkormann

jkormann Podium

Ask someone to add it to their Google Drive and post the shared URL. I can do it if you want to PM your address to me.

3. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

Have you tried simply downgrading it to an older, more widely used format, such as DOC (Word 97)?

4. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

The mechanism to upload a file only handles "zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif" files. I did try the "pdf" variation but as I indicated it appeared to be an attachment so I exited. I've also tried png which apparently is an image format. But my editor, oowriter, produces a png which my viewers mangle. So I don't trust it.

Jkormann, that seems rather convoluted but I may take you up on the offer if I can't find another solution. Is the posted url displayed as text or as a link. If the latter then the pdf solution offered would be about the same.

thanks guys

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. jkormann

jkormann Podium

6. Mergs

Mergs Podium

7. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Well, this is an irritation. Checking out Jkormann's suggestion and was forced to change my gmail settings which somehow skagged t-bird, my mail server, which also took out my passwords. All 201 of them. And I've spent the last few hours trying to salvage them and my address book. Will try to get the paper uploaded as soon as I get my blades rewired, my motorcycle functioning and the garage back together. All projects waiting.

8. jkormann

jkormann Podium

Gah? I don't know if you needed to change any gmail settings..
    From GMail, Google Apps (3x3 box in upper right) > Drive.
    Drive > New (upper left) > Upload File.
    After file is uploaded > Right Mouse Click > Get Sharable Link. Copy link and post it..

9. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium