Sewing on Jackets

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by isaac RC, Feb 25, 2016.

1. isaac RC

isaac RC Rookie

I recently sent my jacket off to get my name printed on the back for upcoming world champs. Despite sending my name with it, attached to the collar of the jacket on a piece of paper they spelt my name incorrectly. My local armorer says that if I get my name printed, correctly this time, onto a piece of 350n material then sew it over the incorrect spelling that should be fine. Just wondering if this is legal, as I want to be 100% certain before I do this as I can't remember if the FIE banned sewing stiff onto your jacket or not.
    Cheers
    Isaac

2. lanyingjie

lanyingjie Made the Cut

Absolutely okay. You don't even need 350N material.

1:16 of this video will show you Sun Yujie's jacket (or at least, the back of it). While it's somewhat obstructed, you can make out the lines of the cloth she uses to sew her name on.

Most of the Chinese epeeists (the ladies at least, from memory) do this because from what I heard, their uniforms don't belong to them and instead belong to the state, so they aren't allowed to make irreversible changes to it or something.

Consider also the countries that don't print their national emblems on but rather embroider it on (that's the case in my country, because it just looks way prettier sewn on than printed on, though some countries' emblems look better printed than sewn on). That's sewing too :)

3. DHCJr

DHCJr Armorer

It is legal (m.25.3.h)

4. isaac RC

isaac RC Rookie

Sweet, thanks guys, must have just been the uninformed ramblings of an old man that lead me to believe that it was illegal