Searching for an Epee Coach for FRANCE

Discussion in 'Coaching Corner' started by CDEL42-FRANCE, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CDEL42-FRANCE

CDEL42-FRANCE Rookie

We are hiring a fencing master mainly for epee instruction, who can teach also the fundamentals of foil and saber . Our goal is to develop fencing in the Loire region in FRANCE so the candidate will have to live in Loire. Job begins ASAP !

The candidate’s missions for the Fencing Committee of Loire will be:
    - to manage 3 clubs of 30/60 fencers: epee and foil and some stage fencing (four evenings aweek)
    - to promote fencing in schools (mainly 6/9 year-old children and high school students)
    by setting up initiations sessions or fencing exhibitions
    - to conduct epee training sessions to increase the participation of the Loire region in regional and
    national epee competitions
    - to attend as an instructor (initiation, exhibition, health & fence...) to local events around fencing
    organized by CDEL or partners
    This is a long-term job, for this moment part-time (nearly 800 hours of work a year) .
    If fencing development in the region Loire is good with your help, this position might turn into a full time job in a couple years…

Loire region is in the French countryside 100km of Lyon, 450Km from Paris (see image)
    The candidate needs to have their driver’s license and his own car.

High flexibility is a must. This is a great opportunity for a candidate autonomous and ressourceful. He/She will have latitude for making the Loire a first class fencing region.
    French speaking is a plus.

Please, contact us, send us your resume and give us your Skype ID for an interview.
    Thank you and hope to hear from you!

[email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. CDEL42-FRANCE

CDEL42-FRANCE Rookie

Please, don't be afraid by the half-time ... really, it's just transient ! If you are able to help us in development, it will be as short as possible.
    Have a look if that's help on https://cdel42.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. Allen Evans

Allen Evans Podium

I was under the impression that to teach fencing in France, one had to be licensed through the Fédération Française d'Escrime. Is that not correct?

4. CDEL42-FRANCE

CDEL42-FRANCE Rookie

Yes, you must buy a french licence (not very expensive and usually paid by the club)
    And, most important I think, your qualification must be recognized by french governement as equivalent to french diplômas that allow to teach fencing.
    (and sorry for my poor english...)

5. CDEL42-FRANCE

CDEL42-FRANCE Rookie

I can ask the french fencing federation for further (and more accurate) informations if needed.

6. CDEL42-FRANCE

CDEL42-FRANCE Rookie

OK, now I have the answers ...
    To work as fencing coatch in France, you must demand an equivalence for one of the french diplomas who allowed teaching and training.
    Existing 2 levels :
    - BPJEPS (first level).
    http://www.intercariforef.org/formations/bpjeps-specialite-escrime/certification-74876.html
    - DEJEPS (complete fencing coatches)
    http://www.intercariforef.org/forma...rtif-mention-escrime/certification-57325.html
    These equivalences must be demand to french government on https://www.arquedi.sports.gouv.fr/
    with all the documents (diploma, work attestations, all what can help to prove your level and experiency ...) in french.

And when you obtain an equivalence, you can ask for a professionnal card and for a working visa too (for non UE)

If my english is not clear (I will understand), ask me and I try a better explain.
    Have a nice end of year.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017