rjcc points

Discussion in 'Parent's Corner' started by kmecke, Oct 19, 2015.

1. kmecke

kmecke Made the Cut

Hi All,
    Here's another pbq question. Is there a place other than usfencing.org to find out how many points have been earned at each rjcc event?
    I don't completely understand the system, but I can tell that the Region 3 results are all kinds of messed up, so I'd rather keep track myself and compare.
    Thanks!

2. SevenDad

SevenDad DE Bracket

From Chapter 3 in the Athlete's Handbook:

Fencers only earn points at RJCCs within their home region (your Region is assigned based on Division affiliation). Only the best 2 results count towards the point total. These points may qualify Cadet and Junior fencers to the USA Fencing Junior Olympics and July Challenge. Points earned at Regional Junior/Cadet tournaments are not considered in determination of national point standings; they are only reflected in regional point standings. For more information on this program, please visit the USA Fencing website, Events, Regional Events, and RJCC Resources.

Using the formula below, RJCC tournaments will award points to all participants:
    ((# entries – place + 1) / # entries) x 100 points

The winner of each RJCC, regardless of size of field, will earn 100 points. The size of the participant field is based on all athletes in the event, regardless of region.

----
    FWIW, I just looked at my daughter's results from the lone RJCC she's competed in this season and her points are correct (using the formula above) for Cadets, but a little off to the right of the decimal point for Juniors (though the ones to the left of the decimal ARE correct...go figure).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. kmecke

kmecke Made the Cut

It's okay at the moment, just not up to date, but before it was really wonky.
    Now I can keep a little list on my own.
    Thanks SevenDad!!!