One event per day?

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by giraffe, Oct 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. giraffe

giraffe Rookie

I'm registering for the December NAC, and I notice that two events that I'd like to fence in are on the same day. I think that there used to be a rule that you couldn't compete in more than one event per day at a NAC, but I can't find that on the USFA site. Is that still a rule?
    I don't see times listed for events, so I don't know if there would be a conflict or not. (I have to say, I hate the USFA site-- badly organized with menus inside submenus; very hard to find anything.)

2. Strytllr

Strytllr DE Bracket

Still a rule. I think that it's in the athlete handbook or probably also in the athlete packet on the NAC pages.

InFerrumVeritas likes this.
  3. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

I think it's more of an administrative stipulation than a rule. I can only ever recall seeing it in documents such as the athlete packet or registration sheet ( the athlete packet sayeth "On any one day, fencers are permitted to fence in a maximum of one individual and one team competition" ).

It should probably be in the Operations manual as well, but there are sections of the Ops Manual online at US Fencing which are...missing. I don't think it's in the rule book or athlete handbook.

4. mfp

mfp Podium

The note "On any one day, fencers are permitted to fence in a maximum of one individual and one team competition" is in the Athlete's Packet for the event.

The current USA Fencing registration software does not enforce the rule by restricting - or even flagging - when you try to sign up for more than one individual event on any one day. (Maybe they've been too busy coding up more important stuff like harassing you for coaches' names or requiring you to indicate what hand you fence with).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    InFerrumVeritas likes this.
  5. giraffe

giraffe Rookie

OK, thanks!