New wireless thing on LP's Insta?

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by Gav, May 15, 2018.

1. Gav

Gav is a Verified Fencing ExpertGav Moderator!!

I wasn't sure where to put this. I know we have a thread on wireless spool replacement systems but I'm not sure if this is "that".

Anyway, Leon Paul are teasing something on their Insta. Here's the link:

What do you think?

2. jkormann

jkormann Podium

I'm thinking they had a chat with some folks in NZ.

NKFA likes this.
  3. dcchew

dcchew Podium

If I had a new wonderful gizmo and little if no money to get it into mass production, I'd be considering selling the rights of the design to a larger firm at some point.

This happens quite often in startup companies. They initially get capital from venture capitalists to fund further development of the design into a viable true product. At some point, the decision has to be made to go into full production or sell out.

4. mfp

mfp Podium

EnPointe Fencing being based on NZ's West Island, sometimes called Australia.

NKFA, NeilNZ, damianip and 2 others like this.
  5. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 DE Bracket

Considering how different the product looks and the fact the Enpointe is still selling theirs via the website I am pretty sure that this is just an iterations on Leon Paul's own wireless system

6. anton_fairfax

anton_fairfax Rookie

The current LP wireless system doesn’t have the ability to connect to a scoring box right? It just has its own little light box?

So maybe this is a device that allows their wireless setup to connect with existing scoring machines?

7. mtwieg2

mtwieg2 DE Bracket

That's what it seems to be. I believe someone from LP hinted at it being in the pipeline. I wouldn't call it a ripoff of Enpointe's system, since the idea is pretty obvious and not technically difficult.

8. jkormann

jkormann Podium

That's the one which is mostly desert, right?

9. anton_fairfax

anton_fairfax Rookie

certainly not, plus when LP released their wireless system, i seem to recall there was plenty of discussion about this very idea, so I'm sure LP had the seed for the idea before En Pointe came along. It's certainly interesting to see some competition among wireless technology

10. nasnem

nasnem Made the Cut

When LP was pushing their wireless box at summer nationals last year I had a conversation with their rep from England. I told him it didn't interest me because I didn't want to replace any of my 10 Favero scoring boxes, but was interested in replacing the reels. I told him I felt like they were missing the market. Within 24 hours he ran me down and told me he had spoken with their engineers and the ability to connect with existing scoring boxes would be added.

11. Alex_Paul

Alex_Paul Podium