New Epee Point Screw

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by rarveras, Sep 15, 2012.

1. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

Hi every body,

I would like to show you a new epee tip screw of my own design. I have been using it for a year, and as well my club mates at the Sala de Armas Montjuic (SAM) in Barcelona, Spain. Our expirience so far is very positive as new screw's life is staying around 5 to 10 times the conventional screws. I have also presented to the FIE SEMI Comission which took my screws to be tested at a Women World Cup in San Maur (France) with a big OK outcome in terms of fully functional compatibility with the conventional equipment used.

strong points of this screws:

- easier operation thanks to being applicable from both ends.
    - easier to align with screw holes thanks to its clearence hole.
    - strongest subjection to tip point thanks to its collar steel which helps screw to grip against the steel body tip.
    - protected against overscrewing because of too much torque applied. This prevents piercing the isolation layer of the tip, avoiding shortcircuit consequences.

It's important to say that these screws are 100% compatible with points and point base of german, french, english, hungarian and most of italian brands.

Here is the link with a short video explaining NEPS most important features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIxLB-11MI

Hope you like it. Please tell me if you would be interested in purchasing it.

Ricardo Arveras

2. K O'N

K O'N Podium

That looks great. How much will they be? Where can I buy them right now? I need to restock, I was about to buy tip screws.

K O'N

3. craigiek

craigiek Rookie

Me too. Do the screws come with the special tool, or do i have to buy that seperately?

Thanks
    -C

4. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Hmmm...how's the steel quality relative to FWF or LP? Same for the thread cut.

5. BlueMonday

BlueMonday Rookie

Looks amazing! Anything that makes point screws easier to deal with is great.

6. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

I am selling them for 5$ each 10 NEPS bag, I can make you a discount for volume orders (16% for 10 bags, 33% for 100 bags), shipping expenses are not included. NEPS driver is 4$ the piece.

Please take into account this screws are lasting on their tip much more than the conventional ones. Try them ! They will make a difference !!

Ricardo

7. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

Enough for being 100% functionally compliant, such did said the metal engineer that reviewed my design.

Ricardo

8. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

The starter bags come with this special screwdriver. But you can buy them separatley. 5$ for one 10xNEPS bag and 4$ for each special tool. Discounts available for more than 10, 50, 100 bags.

Ricardo

9. K O'N

K O'N Podium

I'm sending an email to the address at the end of the video.

Thanks

K O'N

10. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Doesn't answer the question, however. Is the steel the same quality as LP? Is it a Class A or Class B thread cut? If you want to charge .50 cents per screw...almost twice as much as other screws...these should be answered. I have few problems with the LP screws compared to other traditional ones BECAUSE of the steel and thread cut.

11. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

I understand your concern about this issue. LP has already presented a harder steel tip. Please contact me on my email (video) and we can talk about it.

12. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Are you speaking wholesale or retail? $.50/screw is what I remember paying retail.

I've not heard about the steel. Thought the LP screws differed primarily in the thread cut. Not true?

The real question to me is whether this screw can be made at this price with quality. I do believe I've been having Chinese made screws fobbed off on me at German prices.

13. Tomas N

Tomas N Podium

I'd be worried that a hollow screw that is slotted at both ends would be too insubstantial to last very long. Sounds like an exciting new product, but one I will wait to purchase until the reviews come in.

14. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I generally see and charge 35 cents. Then again, LP charges 42 cents per screw, but I'm not particularly worried about making pennies on a sale. I give away far more screws individually at tourneys than I sell in packs. Not worth it to do an invoice for one screw...I usually tell folks to toss a tip in the jar if they ask after replacing a screw when they need it (which typically works out better...if they throw in $1 I've made a lot more than if I actually charged. Happens all the time)

I believe the steel's harder, which is why it can hold the sharper class cut.
    That's what I want to know as well. I like the idea and see the thought behind the design....I just want to know a few more things about it.

15. K O'N

K O'N Podium

And until there's a US distributor. The shipping from Spain is prohibitive.

K O'N

16. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Well, since there ARE a few vendors on the board, that might change.

17. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

Hi there,

would it be easier to wait until Barcelona Epee Worldcup in Feb 2013, and get anyone from US team to get those screws from me?. I'm in charge of material issues there.

What do you think. ┬┐Could there be anybody knowing anyone from US team coming to Barcelona?

Any way, If there is anybody who is interested in trying my screws, I can send them free to him if you just pay for the shipping costs. Anybody interested?

18. rarveras

rarveras Made the Cut

Sorry Kevin,

I haven't managed to get nothing more affordable.I 'll keep trying my best.

19. K O'N

K O'N Podium

I'm sure you know more about shipping from Spain than I do, if that's what it costs then that's what it costs. I'm sure with Craig, Sam and Gary all out here someone will start to carry them in the US and I'll get some then.

K O'N

20. EldRick

EldRick Podium

As a guy who needs reading glasses to be able to even See a tip screw, I'd buy them just for the ability to stay on the driver during insertion.

Beautiful design.