National colors on breeches

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by sabreur, Aug 28, 2006.

1. sabreur

sabreur Podium

I realize this is a rehash, but I'm trying to find out if there is any new information, since I'm plannng on fencing in a couple of satellites this season, and I have to get the logos put on my breeches/knickers. Questions:

1. Is the logo going to change? If so, when?

2. Will Marx Enterprises stencil the logo on swatches that you can have sewn onto your knickers (since I've got a brand new pair of Startex knickers that I don't want to have to replace for a couple of years)?

Cheers, MR

2. DHCJr

DHCJr Armorer

I can answer question 1 for the next 30 days, the answer is no, since they have to have it accepted by the FIE as least 30 days before a competition. After that, who knows.

For question 2, yes.

3. sabreur

sabreur Podium

Thanks Don--I appreciate it.

4. rcmatthews

rcmatthews Rookie

Excuse my ignorance, but do you have to have colors for satellite tournaments?

5. sabreur

sabreur Podium

Yes, starting this year.

You also have to enter through your national federation, which didn't used to be true.

6. anisa

anisa Rookie

I think it is only required if you make it to the top 8. Same goes for name on the jacket. At least this is what I have been told...

7. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

But he'll be in the Mens Sabre (and hopefully do very well :)) so he might need them anyway. I wouldn't expect the MS to be more then +32 fencers...

8. sabreur

sabreur Podium

ROTFLMAO.

I'm very flattered but...

I was told that to participate in CdN events this year, you had to have the national colors on your knickers/breeches. (I suppose I could pretend to be an Anglophile, wear American flag underwear, and claim that I DID have my national colors on my knickers.... )

And as a reference point the CdNs that I've gone to in the past had 75-80 fencers entered.

9. anisa

anisa Rookie

Of course
    he will do well! No doubt about that! :) I was just thinking about the rules.

Looking forward to see both of u soon! :)

10. rcmatthews

rcmatthews Rookie

Good to know. I hope to be living in France next year, fencing b circuit stuff. so i guess i need to get up on the international rules here eventually.