Moving...Need help with lease and LOI process for fencing club

Discussion in 'Club Corner' started by akgary, Apr 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

We are moving from a 4,500 space to a 7,500 space as we expand. Our current lease was a roll-over from the club before. SO, little experience as a fencing club going through the LOI (what to include and what not to include) and Lease process (including how to get to decent build out costs.) Fencing Clubs have there own challenges here in terms of space, build out, etc. Would love to talk or email with someone who has been through this process recently, please. Thanks...

2. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Well, a couple of years ago I was instrumental in locating and moving our club from a 3,000sq ft facility to a 14,758. sq ft facility. Not sure what you mean by "LOI". Or what kind of suggestions might help. The building we moved to had sat vacant for several years and copper thieves had ripped out most of the plumbing and wiring and several of the walls were damaged in those thefts. The property was owned by a family so in negotiations it was agreed that we would take over restoration as needed to get the facility up to a minimum of what we required in return for monetary concessions. So far it's been manageable. The basic economics aside the step up raises the bar in terms of goals that you need to set. Most of our restoration/facility work aside from some very critical electrical work has been handled by volunteers. Let me know what kind of information or subject you would like to discuss and I'll try to help.

3. akgary

akgary Made the Cut

Many thanks. It's great that you were able to do so much with volunteer help! Our town permitting process seems very strict and for plumbing and electrical at a minimum, the landlord/town pretty much wants to use pro help. The town inspector is very curious about fencing and we'll have to work closely. For your permit of occupancy-what is your maximum allowed number of people? We are trying now to work toward a good number beyond the #strips X 2. But we are still at the Letter of Intent Phase. Hoping we will coming to agreement early next week so we can hammer out the lease. This is making me a bit crazy!
    Thanks again. Wow. You made a big jump! Glad it's worked for you.

eat that