Most reputable companies to buy chest protector?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by AlwaysSearching, May 16, 2019.

1. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Rookie

I bought a few chest protectors from a few different companies on Amazon, all of which I needed to return due to poor condition of the items. Some of them had stains on the straps, some of them had scuff marks on them. These were advertised as brand-new items, yet they looked used or at least tampered with before shipping.

What are the most reputable companies I can buy from? I'd like to make sure the product is unused, clean and sanitary.

2. brtech

brtech Podium

Any of the reputable fencing supply companies. There are lists of them in this board, do some searching. If you fence foil, get the ones with FIE homologation. Not needed for other weapons.

3. K O'N

K O'N Podium

I've never got an obviously used or stained (??!? Yuk) item from either Blue Gauntlet or Absolute. Perhaps someone is selling used stuff on Amazon? I've never ordered fencing stuff there, it's a weird hodgepodge of what's available and what's not. Just order directly from one of the usual retailers.

Black Widow likes this.
  4. Finnegan79

Finnegan79 Rookie

a friend of mine make a good bit of money selling stuff on ebay and amazon, and he says the amount of people scamming is pretty high, especially people passing off used stuff as new.

5. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

Guys, welcome to our world.
    Get calls like this all the time about Amazon and Ebay stuff.
    I do at times look up the sellers - have no clue who/whom they are?
    Many times: from either NJ or CA, but do not know the seller just from the State nor seller name listed on both sites.
    Who knows?
    Have seen folks pass off points as German and its only a Asia knock off, Jackets and Knickers as FIE and they are not listed on FIE lists, you name it, it's there for the scamming.
    Good luck getting it returned and refunded.

Gary Spruill

6. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Yep. Always buy from a known and reputable vendor.

7. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Rookie

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have been attempting to find a list of all the manufacturers who make their own chest protectors, so I can contact them individually. So far, it looks like most manufacturers are selling versions of QP products? Which other manufacturers make their own chest protectors?

8. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

QP and Absolute, for the most part....that's about all I see out there.