More fun with 3D printing - permanent Favero pizza-box feet

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by EldRick, Mar 12, 2019.

1. EldRick

EldRick Podium

The OEM feet on Favero pizza-reels are not particularly durable, so these are designed to solve that issue.
    Permanently.
    I'm pretty sure these won't wear off or tear off, and there is no need to glue them in place with CA like the OEM rubber feet.
    The black part is very tough urethane rubber. Designed for a specific machine-screw with a flatter than usual countersink angle, installed with nylock nuts, and one-quarter the cost of OEM replacements.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

Interesting. While my experience has been that the feet aren't the most commonly replaced part on a Favero reel, I've certainly replaced enough of them over the years to where I might consider keeping a few on hand for when one is needed,

I know what I'd be more interested in would be a more durable replacement for the plastic guide piece where the cable exits the reel. While the plastic itself seems to be a nice balance in terms of hardness (hard enough to hold up, yet soft enough to where it doesn't wear away at the outer jacket of the cable) it seems like it could benefit from a more asymetric design, perhaps with the sleeve inside of the reel angled to better align with the cable coming off of the reel and increased wall thickness along common wear points (such as along that one side that the cable tends to saw through over time).

3. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I have an idea for that. Rick....if you wanna hear it, I'll PM you.

Frankly, I'd love to see you make the top half of the Favero 2 pin casing....the one that keeps breaking over the B pin. I'd pay for the STL file for that.

4. EldRick

EldRick Podium

Our new Favero machines have a small pile of dust in front of each machine from wear on the ferrule or the cord. I agree that the ferrule could be better designed, but it would be difficult to test and confirm improved durability.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. brtech

brtech Podium

Remember that at least on an Uhlmann, the "segment" is designed to wear instead of the cord. While it's best that nothing wear, the segment is easier and cheaper to replace then the cord. So don't make a ferrule that wears the cord out.
    Having said that, they then changed the vendor of the cable, and it wears a great deal more than it used to. Newer turtles have considerably more black dust in them than they used to. Oddly, they have smaller dust bunnies.

6. SJCFU#2

SJCFU#2 Podium

Perhaps the cables are wearing so fast that the dust bunnies aren't having time to fully mature before the cable needs to be replaced (at which time they are evicted from their nests inside of the reel)..