LP wireless issue

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Purple Fencer, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

First night on the wireless box...foil...valid light on a hit with the hand or floor...in other words, valid indication on an off target hit.

It MAY be the transmittal unit, as it seemed to follow when the fencers swapped sides, but it might be too early to tell.

Any ideas on how to diagnose this?

2. LeonPaulUSA

LeonPaulUSA Made the Cut

Yes indeed I do. Please give me a call or drop me an email and I'll be happy to help.

Bill
    404-325-7272
    [email protected]

3. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

It's a moot point, Bill...the power switch on the red side receiver broke last night after I posted the thread. Takes a charge, but does not turn on.

I'll give you a call in a few.

4. Alex_Paul

Alex_Paul Podium

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your time on the phone yesterday, you have contributed some excellent suggestions which we appreciate. Having the perspective of someone that works day in day out in the sport is really valuable.

As we discussed this version of wireless was aimed really at clubs who are moving around and have no fixed single purpose salle. Where it really shines is if you are moving about and want to carry 5 or 6 strips in your regular kit bag from venue to venue.

We do have fixed installations using them including one with 23 sets in Hungary and another with I think 14 in Denmark. They do work well there and massively reduce reel repair costs but it wasn't really the target market.

Sorry that the switch got damaged unfortunately they are susceptible to lateral pressure which inquisitive kids sometimes put on them. This isn't ideal and as I said on the phone we will look at improving the switching. Something vandal proof may be appropriate!

I think we have seen three switches that have been ripped off PCB's like this in the last two years. It is unfortunate that this happened on the first night with you. I think if you educate the fencers that the switch is a push button and shouldn't be levered to the side it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks again for your input.

Alex