LP Size change?

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Villadsen, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Villadsen

Villadsen Rookie

I previously had a XL pre-ICE Xchange mask. It got stolen last Feb. Looking to get a new one. I've see my roommates new Foil Exchange ICE a size large and it looks the size of my old XL and fits like it. Have the manufacturing or sizing charts changed since the old models?

My head exists on the borderline between L and XL on the sizing charts and i like any rear head coverage i can get. I'm wondering if this seemingly new size of XL is too big?

Any help would be great.

2. whiteandbluefencer

whiteandbluefencer Rookie

Oh man, I'd be so upset if my Leon Paul mask was stolen. That's so crappy! How'd it happen?!

3. Villadsen

Villadsen Rookie

Parked in a driveway, entire fencing kit stolen from my truck. Thank god i left my newbie stuff down at school.

4. Alex_Paul

Alex_Paul Podium

The size of the press we use to form the front part of the mask and the size of the oval hoop that it is welded to hasn't changed in more than 20 years.

5. whiteandbluefencer

whiteandbluefencer Rookie

Ooooh, that's kinda cool to know that you haven't had to change anything in that part of the design after that long. If you found what works, why change it, I guess...

The only LP equipment my club has that's over 20 years old is a couple of reels, or I'd have some fun comparing!

6. Villadsen

Villadsen Rookie

Thanks very much for the info, ordered the XL like i had before.