LP Fusion Pro blades

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Philix, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Philix

Philix Rookie

Hi everyone! I’ve been wanting to get a Leon Paul Fusion Pro epee blade, but I’m not sure if there is only one compatible tip and/or tip screws for the wired blade. I want to know if they use “German” or “French” tips and tips screws, and if I need to purchase specia LP stuff for it. Thanks!

2. K O'N

K O'N Podium

Any barrel will screw onto any blade, the threading is all the same. Pick a barrel/tip/wire maker and stick with it. LP is fine, FWF is fine. In fact their parts interchange fine IME, but might as well just pick one. If you're going to get a Fusion Pro it comes with the LP Ti tip, which is a bit lighter than a standard tip.

French tips are supposed to be much worse than FWF or LP. IME they're mostly fine too, but there may be some QC issues in the cheapest French stuff. I actually like the French wires better, I don't like the German volcano style caps, but that's not a big deal.

Have you tried the LP Fusion (the non-Pro)?

3. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

General wisdom tends to be stick with German tips though that is a bigger factor in foil than epee. Like K O'N said any tip will work on the blade. If you are already using German tips I would stick with that as having multiple set of parts on you get annoying quickly.

4. Fairfield_Fencing_Armory

Fairfield_Fencing_Armory Made the Cut

If it is wired with LP, then stick with LP because there are slight variations that will cause problems with mixing types.
    If it’s not wired yet, use German, especially name brand German.
    When it needs a rewire, switch to German.

5. Philix

Philix Rookie

Thanks!