Looking for Info on New Uhlmann "Royal" Jacket

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by ParadoxPrism117, May 18, 2018.

1. ParadoxPrism117

ParadoxPrism117 Rookie

Hi guys, this is my first post here, so I'll try to keep it short. I am looking at getting a new jacket, as my current one (some Blue Gauntlet jacket) is getting a bit small, and it's not very comfortable to wear at competitions for extended periods of time. I really like my Uhlmann FIE-rated knickers, and I wanted to get a jacket to go with them. However, Uhlmann has two different FIE-rated jackets, their "Olympia" line and their "Royal" line. The "Royal" line appears to be newer, and also about $100 cheaper than the "Olympia". I was just curious to see if anyone has opinions/reviews for the "Royal" jacket and what you gain by spending more on the "Olympia" one. Both, as far as I know, are completely stretch fabric.

2. InFerrumVeritas

InFerrumVeritas DE Bracket

Olympia is thinner, lighter, and breathes better. Royal also shrinks after first wash, so pay attention to that when sizing. Very similar to comparing Startex and Ecostar from Allstar.

3. Philly Diana

Philly Diana Made the Cut

If you have the opportunity to try them on before buying, I would suggest it. I found the cut on the two jackets slightly different and chose the Olympia. I have not regretted the decision.