In search of a new 350N Jacket

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by lodewykk, Sep 17, 2014.

1. K O'N

K O'N Podium

If it's hot where you are, avoid linings. Linings are ideas dreamed up by people in cool, damp climates, to foist off on those of us who fence where it's hot with fantasy stories about "wicking" and other imagined effects. They do not wick anything, they don't keep you cool, they're another layer of fabric, they're hot. If heat is at all an issue avoid linings. A synthetic shirt like Underarmor is far better than an attached lining in your jacket.

I've never really understood the appeal of expensive 350N uniforms. If you're going to spend enough to get a LP Phoenix, for example, you could get an Absolute FIE uniform from the fnet shop. Unless you just adore the fit and finish of the LP, which you don't since you're asking us about it, I'd at least be looking at the cheaper 800N uniforms if I was thinking of spending about that much money.

2. cfulmer

cfulmer Made the Cut

Ok. Let me be more specific: I understand FIE events like the Olympics, world cup, Pan Am Game. But, what about European Cadet events? Canadian events?

3. ReadyFence

ReadyFence Podium

European cadet events require FIE gear, according to the tournament information. I can't find the Junior information right this second but I assume it is the same. Any Canadians want to weigh in on gear requirements for national events?