Identifying old pistol grips

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by TraverseCut, Jun 19, 2019.

1. TraverseCut

TraverseCut Rookie

I have a pair of old pistol grips that I'm very fond of, and I was wondering if anyone knows the maker or has any information regarding them:

IMG_20190619_134605.jpg
    I've been using the second grip in the picture for about 10 years.

It's my understanding that they're not made any more, and they are likely more than 20 years old.

2. neevel

neevel Armorer

The look like Negrini grips. Negrini still lists similar grips on their website (the cross-hatching is a bit different).

TraverseCut likes this.
  3. wwittman

wwittman DE Bracket

Interesting that Negrini apparently still makes the Dos Santos, which I fenced with 45 years ago and loved, until it was made illegal.

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

I agree they look like Negrini. The profile of the part toward the guard has changed a bit in that time, but they still make some very similar grips.

TraverseCut likes this.
  5. TraverseCut

TraverseCut Rookie

Thanks! I'll see if I can order a few different grips from Negrini on Monday.

6. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

Those look like a medium visconti (top) and large visconti (bottom). Looking at their website, it looks like they just updated these models, but still have the old version in stock. Absolute also carries them and is easier to deal with if you are in the states.

7. TraverseCut

TraverseCut Rookie

My order of Negrini grips arrived earlier and they are clearly the same as my older grips, although a little different in the tail. It looks a bit like the mold for the new grips was made from an older grip (losing a bit of detail) and the tail remodeled. I'm thrilled with the grips, and I'll make some modifications to the tails.

Thanks to the both of you for your help!