Help send a Fencer to the Maccabi Games!

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by BrodeurNJD30, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BrodeurNJD30

BrodeurNJD30 Made the Cut

Mason Moskowitz is a Junior in HS, A average in school and a C rated, cadet point holder in Men’s Sabre. He has been selected to represent The United States in Budapest, at The Maccabi Games. The Maccabi games are an Olympic Style International Competition and Cultural Experience for those of the Jewish faith. In order to go, one has to raise almost six thousand dollars, we’re currently a quarter of the way there! We would appreciate any support the fencing community could provide a great young man! [Mason’s Donation Page](http://support.maccabiusa.com/site/TR?px=1091700&fr_id=1111&pg=personal)

2. jkormann

jkormann Podium

I went to the site and my browser wasn't happy.. Is there another way to donate?

And for the record, Chris Terreri was a better goalie. :D

3. Soberin

Soberin Podium

I thought the Games are held in Israel. Can you explain why Budapest?

4. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Made the Cut

I don't know much about the Maccabi Games but I do know there are what are called (I think) the Regional Maccabi Games. Typically there is a Pan-Am competition (this year in Mexico City) and a European competition (this year in Budapest). This might help, but the website is not well organized imo: https://www.maccabiusa.com/sport-specifics/

5. BrodeurNJD30

6. BrodeurNJD30

I cannot, I an not very familiar with their events either. Other than it being a great experience for a kid to represent their country while exploring a part of their cultural and religious identity.