Germany Fencing

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by christalaser, Feb 3, 2005.

1. christalaser

christalaser Rookie

Does anyone know what the best fencing club in Germany is? If there is a good one in Munich, Ingolstadt, or Regensburg, let me know!! I'm going to be in Regensburg for a month right before Nationals and I NEED to train during my trip or my coach is going to kill me!!
    Thanks!
    -Christa Laser

2. Cipher

Cipher Rookie

http://www.usc-muenchen.de/Fechten/i_e.htm

That's a place that a friend told me about, I have not been there personally. That site has both phone numbers and e-mail so you can correspond with the coaches there to set something up.

I was surprised when I saw your name because I have heard of you. I am originally from the Phoenix area too. A friend of mine went to the AZ fecning center there in Mesa to see if he wanted to take lessons (at my bidding by the way). He saw you and asked someone there about you and decided that if models fence then he should too. He never started lessons though. Two days after that he pulled a groin playing racquetball.

If you want to do any searching online on your own for salles in munich, it is called Munchen or Muenchen in german, and fencing is fechten.

3. ccm

ccm Rookie

Clubs in Bavaria

The Bavarian Fencing Association (Bayerischer Fechterverband) has a webpage where you can download a list of all Bavarian clubs. The link is as follows:

http://www.bfv-fechten.de/bfv/organisation/vereine.php

You have to select the top one of the two links on the page:

die komplette Anschriften-Liste

to download a PDF file. The listing of the clubs starts on page 6, with Ingolstadt and Munich clubs on pages 7 and 8. The Regensburg club is on page 16, the Nuremberg area is on pages 20 and 21 and the TG Würzburg (which is where I am training) is on page 23.

I cannot say much about the other clubs with regard to foil fencing, because I prefer to fence sabre and occassionally epee, but the TG Würzburg has some decent female and male foilists. Unfortunately the travel time would probably be too long from Regensburg, I think.

I would like to point out that we will hold a big international tournament for foil and epee in Würzburg on the first June weekend - The 'Würzburger Stadtwappen'. You will be welcome to participate! :)

Here are some more links for the latest ranking (Bavarian fencers):

Women:
    http://www.bfv-fechten.de/bfv/wettkampf/ranglisten/rl_dfl_akt.pdf
    http://www.bfv-fechten.de/bfv/wettkampf/ranglisten/rl_dfl_jun.pdf

Men:
    http://www.bfv-fechten.de/bfv/wettkampf/ranglisten/rl_hfl_akt.pdf
    http://www.bfv-fechten.de/bfv/wettkampf/ranglisten/rl_hfl_jun.pdf

I hope this helps! ;)

Greetings from Würzburg,

Chris

InFerrumVeritas likes this.
  4. christalaser

christalaser Rookie

Thanks!

Oh, thank you both very much!

Cipher, what is your or your friend's name? Maybe I'll have heard of you, too, hehe. That's too bad that he didn't come back; it must have been an angry fate that made him pull his muscle, hehe.

Sciurus-Rex and Redblade like this.
  5. reposte

reposte Rookie

There are three Olympic training centres fpr fencing in Germany which function as the ivy league colleges for fencing: Tauberbischofsheim, Heidenheim, Bonn. Asking which one's best is like asking what is your favourite soccer team. TBB is the biggest.

6. Cipher

Cipher Rookie

Christa, his name is Paul Green. You probably haven't heard of me though. I haven't been back home to Arizona in about six years now since the army whisked me away. Anyway, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your training.

Cheers

7. FreddyMB

FreddyMB Rookie

Howdy all,
    I’m planning to be in Deutschland for a few years and would like to fence competitively. Can anyone recommend a club near Baumholder, or a way to find a map of clubs. Much thanks!

8. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Baumholder?!?? 1AD? Used to be 8ID. I was there from Jan '78 to Dec '79. Wasn't fencing then, so no help there. Your best bet is probably Idar Oberstein or St Wendl. I think the next biggest places are either Keiserslautern or maybe Bad Kreutznach. Best of luck. Would like to know what you find.

9. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

The Deutsche Fechter Bund's site is fechten.org.// I supported Baumholder's and Bad K's HQs. I remember the mud. Trained with a Mannheim club. Autobahns constructed since the '70s make accessing clubs less problematic now than for us back then.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  10. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Post HQ's or 2nd BDE and 8ID HQs?

Ah, yes. The mud. Made for a VERY long, cold day on the washrack! Don't know what it was about that mud, but it seemed impervious to high pressure hoses. ;-)

11. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

Posts definitely - also 8ID I think. Also, Heidelberg's HQ, 7th Army; Stuttgart's HQ, EUSAEUR; Augsburg's HQ, ASA; Dahn Cave, Pirmansen's HQ, 59th Ordinance Group - Special Weapons; and if you had the proper clearance you know what I did out of Oberammergau.

12. Mergs

Mergs Podium

I do. ;-)