Flexible Epee Blade

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Thierry, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Thierry

Thierry Made the Cut

I'm using a Leon Paul Fie blade, with a carbon fiber french grip, and I post. The problem I'm having now is, I bought my blades at flexibility 62 and 65. For some reason I can't do any wrist hits anymore. Initially I thought it was an accuracy thing, until I tried my friends BF (This was during wrist hit training with my coach mind you) and I almost never missed. My coach tried fencing with my sword too. The problem lies in the fact that the Foible is so flexible that whenever I extend the point to the opponents hand, most of the time the point will just go flat.

Perhaps I should change my fencing style to incorporate flicks when it comes to wrist hits (I can do flicks), or should I try further bending my tang to get a better angle for wrist hits. (Currently I'm having this annoying problem where I launch a wrist attack to the wrist, and the point bounces off 4 out of 10 times.)

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I suggest you test whatever you think will work and keep a journal noting your results. That will yield the results that are specific to you and your technique.

Craig

3. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

This is exactly why I stopped using LP epee blades and switched to StM FIE and BF FIE blades.

4. Thierry

Thierry Made the Cut

Ahah bent the tang and it's now working!