Fixing Foil Body Cords

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Nail Biter, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Nail Biter

Nail Biter Rookie

I was trying to fix a body cord and I forgot which wire goes with which prong. :confused:

From the 3 prong socket - does the middle prong attach to the skinny prong or the fatter prong on the two prong socket?

Or does it matter which one is attached to which one?

2. larkmaj

larkmaj Rookie

Short answer: middle goes to skinny.

Long answer: there are 3 lines on a body cord. Starting from the outside pin closer to the middle one, they are labeled A, B and C.

For foil/sabre the A line (close to the middle) goes to the alligator lame clip.

The B line goes to the skinny pin on a 2 prong, or the center of a bayonet. This is then connected to the wire that runs the length of the blade.

The C line (farthest from the center pin) goes to the fat pin, or the outside of a bayonet. The C line is ALWAYS connected to the bellguard and blade itself, all 3 weapons. It can be considered ground (save for sabre technically).

I hope this helps, it's usually easier to remember how to put things together if you know how it works.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  3. Nail Biter

Nail Biter Rookie

Ah......Got it.

I looked everywhere on line and couldn't find the answer.

I saw Craig's 17 second video on Youtube and that was about it. lol....

thank you!

4. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Another helpful hint....if your cord has a black line running down one of the lines....that's the C line. B would be the other one (in foil) and A the one that's separate from the rest (in foil).

For epee...from the striped C line, B is in the middle, and A the other outside one.

And yes....it DOES matter where the lines go....always.