First FIE equipment

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by marcoshuck, Nov 20, 2018.

1. mfp

mfp Podium

If you're sold on the Apex line, be aware that (without any discounts) buying an Apex jacket and breeches on the US LP site runs around $612.90 all-in but only £340.80 all-in on the UK LP site. That works out to a difference of around $180 currently.

InFerrumVeritas likes this.
  2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

I just ordered from the UK site. I have never found it to be cost efficient to order from the USA site and that is especially true with the GBP at a low point. Thanks for the heads up though! The great exchange rate is part of why I'm pulling the trigger instead of cheaping out on disposable gear for the next year.

InFerrumVeritas likes this.
  3. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

4. Marc

Marc Rookie

Have you had any issues with it shrinking? I’ve had a couple of the LP FIE underarm protectors and even washing in cold water they still shrunk.

5. InFerrumVeritas

InFerrumVeritas DE Bracket

I haven't had any issues with shrinking with either my Apex uniform or my ultralight underarm protector.

6. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Did you...put them in the dryer after washing?

Never had a shrinkage problem with the LP plastron myself. Wash in cold water, air dry.

7. Marc

Marc Rookie

It was always washed in cold water and hung up to dry, never put in the dryer.

8. mfp

mfp Podium

I've also had LP FIE underam protectors shrink despite only being washed in cold water and never put in the dryer. They shrank so much they got handed down to my girlfriend.

Our LP Apex jackets have shrunk a little, but nowhere near as dramatically as my LP plastrons did. I actually wish the Apex breeches would shrink more as I bought the "tall" version in my size and they're cut like clown pants. After buying the Apex products a couple years ago, we both have since moved them to being our backup gear, preferring other products for various reasons.

9. piste off

piste off Podium

Yes, a bit. And the best thing is that they use buttons, not Velcro. Sounds old fashioned but MUCH, MUCH better as it is stronger and does not get "iffy" after awhile.

And get the tall size.

DangerMouse likes this.
  10. piste off

piste off Podium

Agree. Always cold and hang dry.

11. piste off

piste off Podium

Not at all. And this is after hundreds of washes. Like MFP said, I wish the pants had shrunk a little as I went with a size bigger/was in-between, but that never happened.

12. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Podium

I got tall sizes for both jacket and knickers and decided to size up on the knickers since I'm between sizes. I figure it's easier to add a couple buttons in a new location than to squeeze myself into something too tight.

And I completely agree that the buttons are one of the best features of LP knickers. I have the team range ones from a few years back and the buttons are the only reason they don't explode when I put them on now! :confused: