Fencing World Championship

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by Don Treanor, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Don Treanor

Don Treanor Rookie

I know the date of the world championships in Budapest but has anyone seen, or know where I can get a detailed schedule. Looking for the specific days for the Men's Epee and Foil competitions. Thanks for any help.

2. Ancientepee

Ancientepee Podium

The Hungarians have not published a schedule yet and so any information that you get now or until they do post one would be suspect. Keep checking the FIE calendar page for the Senior Worlds and when you see a link to a PDF in the "Invitation" column, the invitation document should include a day calendar (which hopefully won't change). Making reservations this far in advance in the hope that there won't be a change is done at your own risk.
    http://fie.org/competitions/calendar?calendar_models_Calendars[CompCatId]=CHM

3. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Too bad there's not an askfred Euro version. I just tried to look for official or unofficial VET men's epee tournaments on the fie.org website and found nothing between now and july. That just can't be right!

4. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

There is...sort of...

https://www.nahouw.net/

5. Soberin

Soberin Podium

It would be risky, I agree, but you can always bypass the FIE and contact the Hungarian Federation directly. You might learn something, but I wouldn't buy any plane tickets if that's your intent.

6. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

thanks Inq. I signed up with them to get news.