Fencing.net Plastron

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by ChrisBrasel, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ChrisBrasel

ChrisBrasel Rookie

This thing is amazing. I picked one up for $15 on Saturday at Georgia Games. Now, I haven’t used but two plastrons ever, a Cotton BG one that I have been wearing forever, and some cheapy brand stretch one I had to borrow from someone once. This plastron is awesome. The inside has this cool (as in the temperature, not common vernacular) satin lining. The outside is a stretch material, and it comes with a side velcro strap, and a neck strap. Coupled with a 350N rating, I believe, may not blow your mind, but the price certainly will. After putting it on, I didn't feel it for the rest of the day. I was told it would wick away moisture and all that good stuff, but I was busy just looking at the shiny satin on the inside. So, good job Craig and crew (not you John.), thanks for a great product for a very very affordable cost.

2. BySword

BySword Rookie

isnt it the FDN plastron you picked up?
    but I think your post is considered an advertisement.

3. chefencer

chefencer Super Shoebie

More of a testimonial, actually - slightly different - and we can probably assume uncompensated...

I wouldn't begrudge Craig an unpaid testimonial - plus if someone disagrees, they can pipe up as well.

4. ChrisBrasel

ChrisBrasel Rookie

Thanks che, and no, I am not being compensated, but that won't stop me from giving my opinion on this product. Just doing my part to help along a site, and some local fencers to boot.

5. HDG

HDG Podium

What's this about?

6. Dax

Dax Made the Cut

I think hes just picking at somone. =)

7. BySword

BySword Rookie

the other guy who was also at the site?

8. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

Pssst! :)

9. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hey Chris,

Point of clarification - the lining isn't a wicking lining. Don't know who said that it was, but we weren't able to get that into this version of the product.

Thanks for all the kind words on it. Let me know how it is after you've used them for a while.

Craig