Favorite Bands:

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by HillBilly, Jul 26, 2004.

1. HillBilly

HillBilly Rookie

This has probably been done before, but post anyway! :jester:
    P.S. you can do individual artists, orchestras, et cetera.

Mine: The Clash, The Offspring, Nigel Kennedy (violinist), The Get Up Kids, Against Me!, Billy Bragg, Blink 182, Boomtown Rats, and a ton of other bands. I'll update later! :)

Peace,
    -Es

2. D+F+P=Hadouken!

D+F+P=Hadouken! Rookie

Tallica', Maiden, Ozzy, Nirvana, offspring, bignrich, Queen, Thin Lizzy, Limp Bizkit, Nancy Sinatra.

3. dunastor

dunastor Rookie

Nightwish and Rachmaninov amongst others....

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

I like a little bit of everything ^_^.
    Linkin Park, Nirvana, Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Cranberries, Beethoven, Mozart... all sorts. :D

5. Iwant2bafencer

Iwant2bafencer Rookie

I do believe that's the first time I've heard names like Metallica and Mozart in the same sentence. ;) Rock on.

You name it, I probably like some form of it.

6. Rogue

Rogue Rookie

Leftover Salmon, Widespread Panic, Iron Madien, Metallica, Louis Armstrong. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Miles Davis, Henry Mancini, Mel Torme, Engelbert Humperdinck, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Van Halen (David Lee Roth > Sammy Hagar), Spinal Tap ;) . Some of the new stuff is good but I can't remember their names.

7. onesandzeros

onesandzeros Rookie

I REALLY like Billy Bragg! Cool to see that someone else knows who he is. I saw him in FL a few years ago, and got to talk to him about Discount (who covered some of his songs). He was most awesome. Not to mention I got some good photos: http://www.skyscrapermagazine.com/features/billybragg.html (The first live shot is mine, not the portrait)

My top 10 of the moment*:

1) Morrissey
    2) Modest Mouse
    3) Belle and Sebastian
    4) Billy Bragg
    5) The Clash
    6) Death Cab for Cutie
    7) Fugazi
    8) Braid
    9) Bowie
    10) Velvet Underground

*note: this list changes without any prior notice or reason.

8. Demothenes

Demothenes Rookie

The Beatles, Dave Matthews Band, Jewel and Nirvana are my favorite bands/singers
    -matt

9. MyrddinsPrecint

MyrddinsPrecint Podium

ani difranco, barenaked ladies, beatles, bela fleck, ben folds (five), dave matthews band, dispatch, duncan sheik, elliot smith, eve 6, gin blossoms, goo goo dolls, guster, john mayer, k's choice, our lady peace, placebo, plumb, sage francis, tenacious d, tori amos, verve pipe, vertical horizon

10. jenna930

jenna930 Rookie

Currently: Shinedown, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Incubus, Linkin' Park, Guns N' Roses, Hoobastank, P.O.D., and many more that I don't feel like listing.

11. Sabresque

Sabresque Rookie

Hmm... toughie...

U2, Sheryl Crow, Ruben Blades, Heart, Alicia Keys, The Beatles... yeah, and a lot more I'm forgetting. I just got a Franz Ferdinand CD and I love it.

12. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Heart?! Heart!! What, not the Wilson sisters? Are they still performing? :eek:

13. Schiavona

Schiavona Rookie

Why yes, yes they are. Only here in the Great Pacific Nor'west I think.

14. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Huh, that's good to hear. I always liked their stuff, but I figured that Ann had probably long since self-destructed in one way or another....

15. The0ne

The0ne Rookie

Hey onesandzeros, I'm actually seeing Billy Bragg on Wednesday! I can't wait! I'm SO Excited! *Wheee!*

The Damned, Spin Docters, Better than Ezra, Yellowcard, Fountains of Wayne, Led Zepplin. . .

all sorts of stuff

I tend to like more modern composers over the golden oldies (Sostakovich > Mozart... in some cases :D) and more eastern european over western.

16. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

A fencer who actually LIKES yellow cards?! :eek:

17. CarlKnoch

CarlKnoch Rookie

Dave Matthews Band - John Mayer - James Taylor - Rush - Yes - Indigo Girls - David Wilcox - Spyro Gyra - The Rippingtons - Glad - Livingston Taylor - Cherry Poppin Daddies - Bruce Hornsby - Crash Test Dummies - Evanescence - Jason Mraz - Kenny Loggins - Naturally 7 - Nickel Creek - Santana - Sting - The Police - Five for Fighting - Yanni

18. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Ă„lskling

I have an eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to anything BUT country (I mean current "country", I love bluegrass):

Cranberries, Evanescence, Lauryn Hill, Brazilian Samba, Enya, Ice Cube, No Doubt, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Celtic, Avril Lavigne, Stacy Oricco are all next to my player...

Sometimes I likes da vocals, other times da beats got to be jammin', still other times when a symphonic orchestration has me hummin', all 'pends on what mood I'm in...

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

Areosmith, Evanesence, Jewel, Creed, Tracy Chapman, some classic 80's music, some techno, and a cd from TIME mag with Rock and Roll from 1958. Great songs on that one.
    I am a picky person when it comes to music. I usally like only a couple or maybe just one song on a cd by a band, but their are some that I will get the whole cd. That is why I have a lot of burned cds with songs from my friends cds. ^_^

20. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Anything?

Bouzouki?

Ranchero?

Polka?

Gregorian chant?

Donny and Marie?

Bjork?

New Kids on the Block?