Favero screws

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Purple Fencer, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I've had some Favero boxes lose a screw from the back....the longer ones that hold the base plate with the floor cord receivers to the back.

I've looked at Home Depot and Lowes to no avail. And the strange thing is, they do not appear to be metric screws...the thread pitch is WAY off.

The closest thing they resemble are standard sheet metal screws as the pitch is pretty large, as you can see in the pic.

I'm wondering if Favero just found a large supply of them on the cheap. I've asked them, but they nay not have seen the email yet.

Any leads would be helpful...would like to have a supply on hand.

2. dcchew

dcchew Podium

3. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

4. dcchew

dcchew Podium

How
    Grab a set of calipers and measure the diameter. Measure the length. Measure the thread pitch. It's not that hard Sam. Put a little effort into it and with a bit of luck, you might find it.

5. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I'll try...bit the screw I had didn't even fit in the test holes at Lowes. That's why I'm thinking its a sheet metal screw ro something that doesn't have to fit into a nut.

6. Zebra

Zebra DE Bracket

The threading sure looks like a sheet metal screw, or one of those screws used for plastic parts.

7. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Could be that as well, although I didn't see am of those to compare with.

8. jkormann

jkormann Podium

Favero is European. Go to a hardware store and check it against their metric sizes. Lowes and HD are good for bulk, but you need service. Here, I'd go to my local Ace Hardware.

9. Mergs

Mergs Podium

Sheet metal screws are not going to fit the gauges at HD or Lowes - those are for machine screws. Just measure the damn things and get either the next size up - that is if you have stripped the holes out, or fix it using the toothpick method that was discussed earlier.

10. neevel

neevel Armorer

I concur with this. The big box stores focus on depth of stock of commonly-bought items, not breadth of stock of unusual, uncommonly needed things. Locate a larger Ace or True Value store in your area- in most cities the ones that are still around are there because they figured out that the key to competing with HD or Lowe's is to offer a breadth of stock, service, and expertise they don't.

11. bobb121

bobb121 DE Bracket

Sam, you may not hear back until September because of the European holiday.

It isn't listed but the Negrini website states that they are closed for the entire month of August.

12. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Actually, Favero got back to me this morning. They offered to send about 20 pieces free with my next order.

Doesn't really answer my question about the sizing, but it will help.

mpego1 likes this.