Favero Full-Arm 01 Question

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Natureboy, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Natureboy

Natureboy Made the Cut

We are mounting Favero Full-Arm 01 machines with repeaters on our practice strips. They will be mounted too high for the vertically challenged to reach them to switch weapon settings. I've seen these installed with a selector button mounted on a wall near the machine. Pushing the button toggles through the 3 weapons. Can anyone here tell me where I can find the instructions for doing this? There's nothing in any of the Favero manuals I've been able to retrieve from the net.

Thanks!

2. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

3. Steve Khinoy

Steve Khinoy DE Bracket

Doesn't sound like the remote for the FA 05 would work for the 01. But lots of places, the fencers just reach p with the tops of their weapons.

4. neevel

neevel Armorer

Ken's referring to Art. 837 on the Favero page, a wired remote control panel specifically designed to be used with wall-mounted FA-01 machines.

Steve Khinoy likes this.
  5. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

Thanks Neevel. Really wish their website let you link to specific parts......

6. Natureboy

Natureboy Made the Cut

I was looking for a cheaper way, plus we needed a much longer cable run than the Favero remote panel. They'll make one for you, but $$$$ Anyway I figured it out!

1. Open the back of the machine to see the board.
    2. Look on the board for a small 4 pin male connector labelled "remote"
    3. Buy a 4 pin Molex connector P/N# WM8363-ND (they are quite inexpensive a couple dollars for 4)
    4. Wire up the connector for the center 2 pins only with 22 gauge, 2 conductor wire.
    5. Connect the other ends of the wire to a contact switch.
    6. Depressing the contact switch will toggle the machine from off to on, then foil, saber, epee, and back to off.

Mission accomplished for 6 machines for a fraction of what one official remote costs.

ktinoue3 and mfp like this.
  7. mfp

mfp Podium

Your solution is certainly cheaper. Why do you need a much longer cable run for your remote weapon selection panels though?

8. Natureboy

Natureboy Made the Cut

@mfp Our club expansion has 6 practice strips spaced in between the competition strips. The practice strips are equipped with a box at one end and a repeater. They are mounted up too high for the younger set to toggle them between weapon settings, additionally the remote switches are placed in one panel so though 2 of the machines are relatively close the farther strips are well away from the panel. I'll post some pictures when we are done. It's coming out pretty nicely if we do say so ourselves :D