Favero box issue...lots of beeping on startup.

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by Purple Fencer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Damn it....the board's system won't just post a link -- it HAS to embed the damn thing.

Here's the post

"Fencing armorers...any idea what's happening here? I did some work on this box, but I don't remember WHAT I did (if anything...it may have been functioning properly when it was given to me). It seemed to function properly when I returned it...because if it acted like this I would not have returned it."

I am unable to attach the vid or link to it.

It's a Favero Arm-01.

The behavior is....box is turned on. Red target light flashes and beeps for about 3 seconds, then both off-target lights do the same for about 3 seconds.

The weapon select and temps rearm lights flash along with the off targets (B side of the temps rearm...the A does not).

It looks like the off targets are going through a loop, because the first time they flash, the rearm light does as well, but only once. There is a slight pause at the end of those 3 seconds before the off targets start up again, and the rearm flashes once more (which is why I think it's a loop)

This was a box I sent to Ted Li to work on that was having power issues. The power was being connected directly to the circuit board, as it had been a wall mounted unit. I suggested to the owner to buy a table stand so he could use a regular connector, but he declined.

If this is that box, it may have been damaged.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Mac A. Bee

Mac A. Bee is a Verified Fencing ExpertMac A. Bee Podium

Blocked.:confused:

3. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

Yeah. "Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again."

There is no "Facebook icon in the upper right corner" that I can see.

4. jkormann

jkormann Podium

Oh -- for a sec I thought the Favero box was trying to load Facebook..

Purp, copy-paste or drop the FB URL.

5. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I edited the original post.

If you go to facebook and plug in my name, you should be able to get to my page....the most is a couple down.

6. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Well...Ted Li confirmed what I was afraid of...if they used the same cord they sent me -- wall plug straight to the board with no transformer in between -- they put 110V on the board and fried it.

I DID suggest buying a table stand with the correct power connection and cord, but they declined. Hopefully I can find a new board if they want.