Favero 2 pin

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by rudd, Mar 18, 2019.

1. rudd

rudd Podium

I've heard good things about the Favero 2 ping wire but I have no shortage of body cords. Is is straightforward to fit the plugs to Allstar wires. I think my main concern is wire thickness.

2. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

It will not be a problem. The Favero cable is small enough to not cause any issues.

When I make a foil cord, I currently use Uhlmann 2 pin plugs and Favero cable. No worries.

3. rudd

rudd Podium

Thanks but I was looking to do the opposite, Favero plugs on Allstar cable.

4. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

Ah...my bad. That's what I get for replying when I'm still waking up.

It's gonna depend on the thickness of the cable, of course. If it's that really thick stuff, forget it...the channels aren't big enough.

5. dcchew

dcchew Podium

The Favero foil plug has only 1 drawback that makes some people avoid them. The retaining clip is made of plastic and can break apart quite easily if you forget to push the release button. If you decide to use the Favero plugs, I’d recommend buying spare retaining clips for your tool kit.

Other than that, the Favero pins are nice and the plug only has 1 screw and nut to keep it together.

6. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I've found that the top casing breaking over the B pin is a bigger issue than the clip breaking, at least in my area.

7. twisterfencing

twisterfencing Podium

Every single body wire on the planet has their own set of problems. No matter who's name is on them.
    The Favero body wire intent:
    Mid-price point, high count wire strands to make the body wire flexible, ends made of light - simple to work on and tough pins.

rudd: if you want to use Favero wire and put the Uhlmann-Allstar ends on them, you will be fine.

Gary Spruill

8. brtech

brtech Podium

I don't like the short pin on the latest iteration of the Favero 2 pin. The plastic is more brittle than the Uhlmann/Allstar. Assembly is a lot easier

9. Emfuser

Emfuser DE Bracket

Gary hit it on the head with this one. This is exactly what I do.

Also worth noting is that Favero apparently switched over to the spinning basket style of pins like what FWF uses. Once that little basket has been plugged in enough times to relax then its elasticity is gone, and the little spinning basket or the pin needs to be replaced. The Uhlmann/Allstar pins don't have this problem.