Epee cylinder gauge

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by ktinoue3, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

So I know there is a 3d printed version of the cylinder gauge. Are the files available for download somewhere?

2. EldRick

EldRick Podium

I designed them and made a dozen or two for members. If you are skilled at printing ABS the dimensions are reproducible, but it took a lot of fooling with it to get them to print accurately.

3. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

I was going to try and see how they would turn out on my 3d printer. I also do need practice with CAD so I might just try and my own. Was just hoping for a starting point.

4. EldRick

EldRick Podium

I made them as two-piece snap-together cylinders so they could store flatter, and made up foil versions as well.
    Shoot me a PM with email address - I'll send you .stl's for the epee version.

P.S. - Any comments from those who have the ones I sold? Have they held up in use?

5. Purple Fencer

Purple Fencer Podium

I haven't had to use mine all that much, so not a lot of wear. I DID bring it out at San Jose Nationals a few years ago when we were running all French-gripped epees through the gauge and only had one in the crate. I don't remember any issues with it.

EldRick likes this.
  6. brtech

brtech Podium

I take them on my international trips. They work very well and travel well. I have no issues.

EldRick likes this.