Edwards-OK guy, or Satan on Earth?-You decide!

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by mrbiggs, Jul 6, 2004.

?

What do you think of John Edwards?

1. John Edwards is my HERO

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. Maybe not the best choice, but a solid running mate for Kerry

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  3. This man is barely acceptable as a human being, much less as the VP candidate.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. This poll option was intentionally left blank.

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. mrbiggs

mrbiggs Podium

OK, so John Edwards is John Kerry's Vice Presidentail candidate. What do you think of that?

Just so you know-John Edwards used to be poor, but became rich as an attorny, not unlike the ones mentioned in this happy thread. (Really, he sued doctors.) Now he is a Vice Presidential candidate, and is known for his charisma. He was also voted Sexiest Politician by People magazine. (No, I'm not making that up, either). So-what is your opinion, fencers?

:boba:

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Well, the company that he once was CEO of didn't get a no-bid contract to overcharge the US Military for gas.

3. nightwing

nightwing Rookie

What do i think of Edwards?, well, i think that is a very good attorny who is excellent at manipulating a jury, but politically i think that he is very weak, and he has the same weaknesses as kerry, so instead of picking up the slack for kerry, he just reinforces the ever present weaknesses, so i think that he was a poor choice for the vp. but all that dosnt matter to me, i am voting bush

Tireur likes this.
  4. dunastor

dunastor Rookie

Now that's a nice way to make a living.... :angry:

5. Tireur

Tireur Rookie

I didn't know that much about him until yesterday. Then I started digging and he seem to be just another overly ambitious politician. Kerry didn't seem to think much of him until yesterday. Certainly not during the primaries.

The press calls him a former "trial lawyer". What he really was, was a personal injury lawyer. One of the lowest life forms. Also tried to push a lot of legislation thru, but was never successful with any legislation, so lawyers could earn higher fees.

Need to know more......

6. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Älskling

I'm holding out until I get to know the guy. I'm sure the other side is going to beat him over the head for his political inexperience. This might actually help him if he handles it correctly. I think most of the public is disenchanted with the "career" politician. Even though Edwards is obviously on that track, he can play the Washington outsider while Kerry plays the experienced "dedicated public servant".

7. onesandzeros

onesandzeros Rookie

Ehh.. too bad his pick wasn't for Hillary. Now -that- would be a VP. Ohh well, I'll just have to wait for the Hillary Bill ticket in 2008 if Bush wins this one ;)

8. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Rookie

I think he was the right choice for Kerry. He brings some vitality that is very much needed, to the Kerry campaign. The Democratic party needs all the help they can get too. He's young (by presidential standards), energetic, not part of the establishment, and people seem to like him. He may not have that much experience in politics, but hey, as VP, how much experience do u really need? The VP is usually in the background and not really heard from much (unless they screw up) during the term.

As for him being a wealthy lawyer, I don't have a problem with that. I admire those who work hard and make a better living for themselves during their career. But if you want to compare wallets, I think Cheney blows Edwards out of the water. So, it doesn't really make sense to hold that against him.

9. S. Hunter

S. Hunter Rookie

Sorta changing the topic, but Kerry would blow Bush and Cheny out of the water by atleast an order of magnitude. (He'd easily be the richest president ever. It sometimes amazes me that BOTH parties claim to be for and of the people, yet It is rare that a middle class politician emerges)

10. esskreemr

esskreemr Din Älskling

Wow, someone docked me for this post. Too bad they didn't have the cajones to back it up with a reason or a signature. Basically makes it an act of cowardice...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  11. Tireur

Tireur Rookie

Yeah, someone dinged me for not seeing Fahrenhiet 9/11 before commenting about Michael Moore. I wasn't talking about the movie, just Moore himself.

Having seen some of his stuff, I thought I could comment, but I guess not.

I guess they thought posting an analysis of the movie was wrong.

12. cfaustus

cfaustus Rookie

Now if he would have chosen BLAKE Edwards... that would have been good...

Otherwise they are all a crock... on both sides... I am waiting for the Ammendment so that Arnold can be president... :blah:

13. cfaustus

cfaustus Rookie

I think only one ding against me ever contained an explaination... the good ones always say something...

Oh well...

14. Sabresque

Sabresque Rookie

For malpractice. :cool2:

15. dunastor

dunastor Rookie

Malpractice? Never heard of.... :p

16. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Rookie

Yeah, I got dinged for this thread too. No explaination either. Maybe this person really has a problem with this subject...who knows.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Rookie

I don't really know anything about him, but I heard he doesn't really have any experience in foreign polices, was in the senate one term (just random fax, don't hit me ^_^'), and I can't remember other stuff.

Just my 2 cents. *cha ching* :D

mrbiggs likes this.
  18. KShan5[PrFC]

KShan5[PrFC] Podium

And, half the time he has been serving this term he has been campaigning. Too inexperienced for my taste. But, although I wouldn't vote for him, I will have to say that experience is not the only factor you should base a decision off of.

19. frenzl

frenzl Rookie

kerry and edwars are good together they both are distrustful fonies. :cool:

20. Demothenes

Demothenes Rookie

I hope that's a joke post.

-matt