Czarnecki of Michigan

Discussion in 'Fencing Discussion' started by Ancientepee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Ancientepee

Ancientepee DE Bracket

Anyone know the fencers named Czarnecki who live in Michigan? An original press photo from the 1981 Detroit Free Press of a 7 1/2 year-old Arnold Czarnecki waiting to start fencing is being offered on eBay in case they're interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Press-...oto_Images&hash=item4162681d5e#ht_2713wt_1014

I see two fencers with that last name currently listed as USFA members but neither one has the first name of Arnold, so it doesn't look like the lesson took.

2. Ancientepee

Ancientepee DE Bracket

3. wahrman

wahrman DE Bracket

"Head shield" That's great.

I fenced in Michigan for a few years and didn't know any Czarneckis but those are well before my time.

4. wahrman

wahrman DE Bracket

A little bit a research shows a couple of Czarneckis at Liberty Lakes. I've sent an email with the link to their head guy to see if there is a connection.

5. Zilverzmurfen

Zilverzmurfen Rookie

6. magriffin

magriffin Made the Cut

I know the Czarneckis from LLFC in Michigan but I don't have a contact number for them. They both fence foil.

However the press release was for Czarneckil with an L at the end of his name.

7. Ancientepee

Ancientepee DE Bracket

That seems to be a typo of the person who copied the photo caption glued to the back. The actual photo caption has the name without the "L" but with "II" (i.e., "the second") after the last name. Apparently misread the II to be an L when composing the eBay description.

8. magriffin

magriffin Made the Cut

You're right. I just did a search in whitepages.com and found both father and son Arnold Czarnecki in Michigan.

9. WingFencer

WingFencer Rookie

Wow, I should check the forums more often! I am one of the fencing Czarnecki's in Michigan. We started our adventures in fencing in 2008 and are having a blast. I just showed the picture to my hubby - no relation to him, as far as he knows. Thanks for the heads up, though.