Current Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by jjefferies, Jul 17, 2018.

1. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Half my family (well my brother and his family) and my cat sitter (different groups) are in Paris at the moment so I'm hearing new and intriguing ideas of the view from abroad.

One current French theory about the US political scene is that Trump paid Putin to support his political campaign against Hillary Clinton. Uh, Not so far fetched an idea. Didn't care that much for Hillary myself. But the more Mueller digs and the more Trump tries to deny Russian support/influence.

Anyone else heard of more interesting theories?

2. jkormann

jkormann Podium

Interesting. If the monies were a loan from a Russian bank, then Trump may actually be laundering monies. But most likely it's a loan from Deutsche bank.

3. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

So Trump borrows money to pay off the Russians from a Russian bank and then repays the loan with what? Political favors, doing Russian bidding? Now we begin to see the heart of the matter.

4. Inquartata

Inquartata Podium

I dunno, man. Putin has an estimated net personal fortune in the range of $70 billion, and as he basically owns an entire country that probably just the tip of the iceberg. Not sure why he'd be interested in a few paltry millions from Trump. Though I guess his underlings might have been working deals of their own to enrich themselves, and Putin might have known about them...or not.

5. jkormann

jkormann Podium

NPR had a good article on about this. He lets others get "dirty" then he basically extorts them for favorable actions. RICO or Mafia, either definition works.

6. jjefferies

jjefferies Podium

Yeah, in the End it all comes down to political favors which can include real estate and other money making deals.

7. Archerlite

Archerlite Made the Cut

Having a debt from the President of the USA is never a bad idea. For example, if you want to set up a fire in the Korean sea while you look at Europe's freedom...