couple of gripes

Discussion in 'Armory - Q&A' started by R-Carpenter, Jun 12, 2019.

1. R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter Rookie

Hi all.
    So this is Leon Paul FIE mask that's about a year and a half old. Worn probably 10-15 times. As you can see, the link is simply split from the moderate saber hit. WTH?
    I also had LP glove that felt apart from poor stitching. No response after email with the picture was send to LP.
    Anyone knows the shop that can refit the shell of the 25-year old Allstar mask?

Attached Files:

2. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

That is odd they are usually pretty good responding to issues. What email did you message for Leon Paul? Did you try calling them?
    If you are in the US Sword-masters can do most retrofits for masks for the new FIE standard. Not sure if there will be any complications for a 25 year old mask.

3. R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter Rookie

If I remember correctly, they had a returns email on LP USA. Been a while. And I did not try calling them.
    I'll try US Sword-masters. Thanks!

4. ktinoue3

ktinoue3 Podium

try [email protected] or 404-325-7272. I know that email and phone number both work.

5. LeonPaulUSA

LeonPaulUSA Made the Cut

ktinoue3 likes this.
  6. R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter Rookie

Meh.
    The initial email was send to [email protected]
    I am not looking for return or replacement any longer. Having a stitching on the glove fail is not a tragedy. Having a wire split on the mask could have easily become one.
    I can post the picture of the serial number from the inside after I get home from work. Perhaps look at a mesh shipment.

7. neevel

neevel Armorer

Clipped mesh segments are an inherent risk for sabre masks, due to the high velocity the tip of a sabre can attain in a cut and the shape of the fold-over (there's typically a 90-degree edge with no chamfering or radiusing). In the 23 years I've been working control at NACs I've seen this happen with all brands of FIE and non-FIE masks (Uhlmann/Allstar, Negrini, Leon Paul, Prieur(!), etc.) and at all ages and conditions. It sucks, but you just got unlucky, and it could have just as easily happened with any brand of mask at any time.